The Market Regulation Department of CME Group is responsible, in part, for satisfying statutory and regulatory provisions associated with operating designated contract markets. The department is comprised of analysts, investigators, data scientists, attorneys, and rules experts. Our collective objective is to preserve the integrity of CME Group's markets and ensure the organization satisfies its self-regulatory obligations.
The rules experts on the Rules & Regulatory Outreach team are primarily responsible for ensuring we satisfy federal regulatory obligations of having rulesets governing trading on CME Group's markets. The team works closely with colleagues in Market Regulation and other CME Group divisions to craft and keep current clear and comprehensive rules and rule advisories that govern our markets.
To excel at this particular function, the Lead Rules & Regulatory Outreach Specialist must not only have or have the capacity to develop an expertise in exchange rules, especially rules related to trade practice abuses and market surveillance, but they must also have a knack for grammar, word usage, punctuation, clarity, precision, and organization.
Their second responsibility is in conducting outreach, or education, to ensure market participants and customers understand the rules. This outreach comes in the form of email communications and phone calls, video and in-person conferencing, and presentations to audiences of all sizes. They will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing effective outreach initiatives to enhance compliance, build relationships, improve regulatory services, and expand regulatory resources available to the market.
To excel at this particular function, the Lead Rules & Regulatory Outreach Specialist must be a superb communicator with an interest in engaging with others.
The position reports to the Global Head of Rules & Regulatory Outreach in Chicago. Principal Accountabilities:
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Assist in the development, coordination and execution of regulatory outreach initiatives program to enhance compliance, improve and obtain feedback on regulatory services, build effective relationships with customers, intermediaries and other divisions, and enhance the profile of CME Group regulatory programs.
- Works in close collaboration with sales-focused team members to identify educational outreach opportunities.
- Develop deep expertise with respect to exchange rules and their application, and effectively service internal and external constituents with respect to information and guidance on rule related inquiries.
- Identify and execute initiatives to expand the scope and utility of regulatory resources available on the CME Group website.
- Makes decisions regarding appropriate guidance for customers with respect to inquiries regarding exchange rules and interpretations.
- Makes decisions regarding implementation methods for agreed upon outreach initiatives.
- Collaborate with the various functional areas of Market Regulation in Chicago and New York to identify new rules and advisories that are necessary to address specific regulatory issues, as well as those that need to be clarified or otherwise updated in the context of the current business environment.
- Develop and execute initiatives to enhance the depth and breadth of knowledge of Market Regulation and broader staff with respect to exchange rules.
- Draft necessary rule changes, advisories and associated memoranda, execute the associated administrative tasks and educate CME Group staff regarding changes.
- Proficient in MS office products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; Juris Doctor or advanced degree a plus
- Strong written and spoken English language
- Understanding of the current and changing Exchange, OTC and electronic trading environment preferred
- Related experience in futures and/or securities regulation
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.