Lead Engineer, Software Developer Engineer in Test
Fitch Ratings is a global rating agency committed to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data. Offering a world of knowledge and experience behind every opinion, we transform information to deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Fitch Ratings' global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans across the fixed-income universe. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence. Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings, has 51 offices worldwide.
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come, be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Ratings customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking a Lead Automation Tester to lead the automated quality assurance processes and artifacts for various ratings products and applications. This position is responsible for leading, designing and implementing an automated test suite for client-facing web-based applications. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for and experience in integrating automation testing in the DevOps lifecycle as part of the quality assurance process. Key responsibilities:
• Lead and coach automated testers - consultants and employees to create automated test suites for ratings applications and tools.
• Propose the target-state architecture and technical stack for automated testing within Fitch for a variety of applications and business purposes - user interface tests, functional and performance tests.
• Understand user stories and application requirements and create automated test suite & cases.
• Help set up the test environment, develop, design and deploy test scripts.
• Integrate test case execution with the CI/CD pipeline to better align with the DevSecOps strategy.
• Partner with cross-functional team members - business analysts, developers and management to build and refine test cases.
• Contribute to tightening up requirements and user stories based on the level of detail needed in test case automation.
• Be able to create automated reports on test execution and status.
• Contribute to the test design for different types of testing - Visual, Functional and End-to-end testing. Experience and Skills:
• 8+ years of experience with Automation Testing with frameworks like Selenium, preferably in Java or Python.
• 5+ years of experience in integrating Automating testing with DevOps tools like Bamboo and Jenkins.
• 5+ years of experience in translating requirements or user stories to test cases and creating a robust test suite.
• 5+ years of experience in Visual or UI testing
• 3+ years of experience working in Scrum-based Agile teams
• Bachelor's degree or experience in a technology related area (Computer Science, Engineer, etc.) is required
• Must be able to work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills Preferred:
Experience in writing SQL / No-SQL queries for data verification
Performance testing experience with JMeter or similar products.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page . #LI-ME1 #LI-ME1