Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Role Description:
We are seeking a Senior Data Service Engineer (Senior Software Engineer) who can work closely with the Technical Lead/Product Owner in creating robust data pipelines and data service APIs to aid in the development of our products and services. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact to the organization on a daily basis. The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization. The position is highly technical and the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently. Key responsibilities:
Experience and Skills:
- Partner with geographically diverse development teams, QA teams in a DevOps model of the agile development process
Participate in all sprint ceremonies namely grooming, planning, daily stand-ups, demos, retro
Participate in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on work effort estimation as well as design
- Partner with product teams to understand API needs, define and develop applications/ architecture
- Drive development, deployment, and life cycle monitoring of Java based APIs that will be used to operationalize JAVA applications in a production environment
- Build data expertise and a deep understanding of business domain knowledge and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Work with Cloud Engineering and infrastructure teams to ensure proper computational infrastructure is available to support rapid development
- Work independently to figure out technical challenges, and identify options and come up with solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Working with an agile mindset to deliver small projects quickly in order to provide value and gain feedback in a production environment
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of experience (or Masters with 3+ years) designing, developing and leading large-scale software development and data engineering projects
- Solid understanding of Data structures, Algorithms and object oriented design
- Expert in writing secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
- Knowledge/Experience on distributed data processing platforms like Apache Spark, Hadoop
- 6+ years of experience in application development using Java &Spring to build microservices, RESTful APIs etc. and distributed data processing platforms
- 3+ years of experience in relational (e.g.:- Oracle/Postgres), NOSQL (e.g.:- MongoDB/ DynamoDB), Search (e.g:- ElasticSearch) , Messaging/Streaming (e.g:- SQS, RabbitMQ, Kinesis) data systems & distributed system concepts from a data storage and compute perspective
- 3+ years of experience developing software in Agile environment (TDD, BDD, Stories, UAC, DoD etc)
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging tools
- 1+ years of experience of using Data Integration and ETL tools like Talend, Pentaho etc.
- 1+ years of experience with native AWS technologies for data storage, ETL, Orchestration and analytics such as AWS Glue, Athena, S3, Lambda, Glue, EMR Spark, Kinesis, SQS,SNS, CloudWatch, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud native technologies, containerization and orchestration
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .