Lead Business System Analyst, Data Services 1
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 24 May 19
Lead Business System Analyst, Data Services 1
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Chicago Application Development team is responsible for developing both internal and customer facing products for our ratings business, supporting various strategic, regulatory and operational objectives.
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) for both functional and technical analysis work across a variety of applications and projects. We are looking for someone who will work collaboratively with stakeholders and the development team to research, elicit, analyze, validate and document requirements, and to ensure that those requirements clearly reflect the true business needs of the stakeholders and end users. This position requires an individual who is business process oriented, can understand and decompose complex processes and is able to effectively communicate when issues and challenges arise.
- Collaborates with business partners within one or more business organizations to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes, requiring design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business.
- Partners with technical teams on story creation, backlog grooming, and other Scrum processes.
- Lead and/or assist with the analysis and documentation of complex process workflows, future-state conceptual system designs, user interfaces, impact analysis, data and process flows, use-cases, and other types of functional and technical documentation.
- Understand technical complexities, relate to the team, provide insight into the accuracy of estimations, identify risks and propose solutions, and otherwise provide insights for all members of the working team and stakeholders.
- Performs detailed data profiling activities to validate requirements, maintain data lineage of the applications and documents the detailed data flow between different sub-systems.
- Responsible for various deliverables such as use-cases, data flows, process flows, impact analyses, and other project artifacts and process work.
- Educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology.
- Ensure requirements are accurate and consistent in all requirement tracking systems.
- Assist with smoke testing and provide validation during the development and deployment.
- 8+ years of experience in technology infrastructure or software development space, with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical business analyst.
- 3+ years of modeling and designing experience with relational database such as Oracle and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience in building and maintaining data lineage, Source to Target documentations for applications.
- Proven experience preparing, presenting, and maintaining required project documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to present complex design concepts as clear and concise requirements and effectively lead cross-functional team discussions.
- Ability to multitask on many different initiatives, work in a fast paced role and required the art of agility, flexibility and time management
- Able to function as a project manager/ coordinator on efforts (as needed)
- Experience in providing smoke testing, business analyst validation for release items, test automation design, and test case reviews.
- Strong leadership, relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills are also required.
- Ability to quickly absorb new technology, new product concepts and terminologies.
- Have a solid understanding of various project methodologies (including Agile SCRUM, Waterfall), as well as tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with web technologies, enterprise application integration, databases, security, performance & scalability.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB.
- Knowledge of AWS and Big Data technologies.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp