Investment Data Analyst Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/Investment-Data-Analyst_REQ1662/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
Working within a global team of data analysts, data scientists, and content experts within each of BAMs key geographic locations the Investment Data Analyst will serve as a steward for all of BAMs internal and external data content providing actionable data to our L/S, macro, and quantitative investors and will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with investors to respond to and address their data needs.
- Developing a keen understanding of how data is utilized in our investment processes to generate insights and ideas.
- Designing and implementing programmatic data accuracy, outlier detection, error correction and remediation processes.
- Evaluating new and differentiated data within the firm and helping strategically prioritize new data initiatives.
- Working closely with our Data Engineering teams and defining the on-boarding and production requirements for all new data.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A passion for data and experience in applying that passion to high quality data products.
- Ability to perform data analysis and wrangle the data using Python. Must have strong experience coding in Python.
- Strong understanding of time-series data, third party data vendors, and how they apply to quant and fundamental analysis. Prior experience with quantitative investors (either as a quant or vendor) is strongly preferred.
- Serve as an in-house expert on data, leveraging your knowledge of vendor and market data collection methodologies to build data, which investors can act on.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership, leadership, high achievement and raising the standard of those around you.
- Experience working in an agile environment and with development teams. We expect you and your solutions to be organized and pragmatic.
- Strong understanding of SQL and relational databases. Familiarity with AWS a plus.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeREQ1662
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.