Investment Consulting Analyst - Defined Contribution
Chicago, IL, USA
We are currently looking for an analyst to support our defined contribution/401(k) team by providing financial information/analysis to a variety of clients. The candidate will be expected to conduct research and due diligence on defined contribution service providers and investment fund options.
- Conduct research on defined contribution investment managers, assist consultants in development of candidate list using Morningstar, Investorforce, and proprietary internal databases.
- Coordinate investment manager informational questionnaire process with consultants and other analysts, analyze manager performance and produce performance graphs, and write manager profiles.
- Conduct due diligence on mutual fund providers, bundled and unbundled providers, advice providers, and investment managers offering defined contribution investment options.
- The ideal candidate will have some working knowledge of Plan administration (recordkeepers), as well as experience and familiarity with evaluating target date investment managers and stable value providers.
- Assist with defined contribution plan design and structure research.
- Assist with drafting defined contribution investments policy statements.
- Assist in client servicing; attend client meetings and present materials as necessary, respond to client inquiries, perform follow-up on meeting action items.
- Assist consultants with special reports and research as necessary.
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be assigned by assigned Consultant.
We are seeking a candidate with strong curiosity, work ethic, attention to detail, and enough background in investments to be able to research new topics independently. Math, communication, and computer skills (particularly Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word) are essential.
It is expected that this individual be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Background in equity research and/or investment manager research is preferred. College degree required. Advanced degree and/or the CFA® designation (or progress toward these credentials) is preferred. NEPC is a strong advocate of promotion from within, so excellent potential exists for professional growth.
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience. Prior investment/finance-related experience desirable.