Quantitative Researcher as part of a small, collaborative team based in Chicago, with a focus on intraday systematic equity strategies. There is also scope to work remotely for this position from Europe or from other parts of the USA.
- Work alongside the PM on intraday alpha research, with a primary focus on: idea generation, data gathering and research/analysis, model implementation and backtesting for systematic equity strategies
- Combine sound financial insights and statistical learning techniques to explore, analyze, and harness a large variety of datasets in order to build strong predictive models which will be deployed to the investment process
- Collaborate with the PM in a transparent environment, engaging with the entire investment process
- Approx. 3-4 years of experience as a quantitative researcher/trader in systematic equities with a focus on closing auction strategies
- Approx. 3-4 years of market microstructure alpha research
- Demonstrated ability to understand fundamental and event related data and experience with alternative data sources
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research using large data sets
Quants with experience of working within a Central Risk Book team at a bank will be considered.
- Strong economic intuition and critical thinking
- Product experience in statistical arbitrage strategies, event-driven strategies or auctions trading
- Trading experience would be desirable but is not required
- Strong research and programming skills in Python are necessary
- Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related field from a top ranked university.
Please send a PDF resume to firstname.lastname@example.org