Internal Audit Manager Global Assurance
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 19 Mar 19
Internal Audit Manager Global Assurance
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Audit Manager Global Assurance
As an Audit Manager, you will lead your team of auditors to perform six to eight audits annually in various CME subject and processes areas. You will leverage your strong analytics skills to lead the team through business process reviews to establish the scope of the audits. You will provide leadership and coaching to the team throughout the execution of the audit, serving as the point-of-contact to senior leaders within GA and, most importantly, the business. You will use your ability to influence to assist business partners in understanding risks in their area and collaborate with them to drive actions that mitigate risk. As the audit team's leader, you are accountable for the team's deliverables, from planning through delivery of the final report to CME's senior leadership team and ensuring the audit was performed in accordance to GA's Standard Audit Methodology, based on the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). In addition to leading the execution of audits, you will support the GA Senior Directors in the annual risk assessment process, meeting with CME senior leaders to discuss key activities, projects, and strategic initiatives within their areas of responsibility to identify opportunities where GA may be able to assist in partnering with the business to mitigate risk to CME.
• Manage internal audits of CME corporate functions including: accounting, finance, tax, compliance, HR, and strategy
• Ensure that each audit is effectively planned, coordinated, executed and reported upon. This includes designing audits to assure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, verifying compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and providing recommendations to enhance efficiencies and/or reduce cost.
• Effectively manage concurrent projects with ultimate responsibility for the quality and timely execution of the team's deliverables; ensure the team creates accurate, logical, and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing, and conclusions reached.
• Prepare and deliver comprehensive written reports detailing the status and results of the audit, internal within GA and external to senior management.
• Report audit findings to clients and ensure acceptable solutions to mitigate risks are developed. This includes leading discussions with management of the risks and impact to influence and drive action plans.
• Maintain and promote knowledge of the CME's operations, including policies and procedures and any applicable regulatory requirements.
• Provide ongoing feedback to project team, including formal, post-project evaluations for each team member. Monitor project status, milestones, and budgets, and ensure that the staff maintains an acceptable level of productivity and quality.
• Establish and manage a positive and collaborative business relationships with GA's clients (auditees) and business partners (e.g., other internal risk management functions) to support effective and efficient risk assessment and audit execution.
• Assist with hiring, acclimation, and training of other GA team members, including any consultants and (on and offshore) co-source partners. Direct and review work to ensure GA's SAM is followed and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards are met.
• Lead and participate in risk assessment discussions to develop the audit plan.
• 7+ years of professional experience; minimum 5 years of audit experience with demonstrated increase in job responsibilities and career progression.
• Specialized focus in accounting and finance functions
• Detailed understanding of Workday Finance is highly preferred
• 3+ years of people leadership experience.
• Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in Accounting or Business.
• MBA or MS degree.
• CPA, CIA, CFE or relevant certification preferred.
• Understanding of various governance frameworks and standards such as COSO and CFTC Regulations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, data analysis tools (e.g., Tableau, ACL, Business Objects) and GRC systems (e.g., Archer, TeamMate), or similar electronic workpaper management tool.