The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our companys infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
The Role: Morningstar seeks an intern to support our centralized Talent & Culture team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable work experience and exposure to the end-to-end processes that support creating an exceptional employee experience. This is a terrific role for someone exploring a career in Human Resources. This is a part-time, paid internship that requires working about 20-25 hours per week during the school year, and up to 40 hours during the summer and other break periods. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Assist the Talent & Culture team with a variety of projects including onboarding of new employees, training and event coordination, special HR-related projects, and beyond.
- Maintain and update employee information in HR information systems and reports. This role will gain exposure to the latest enterprise cloud technologies that support running a business.
- Perform ad-hoc troubleshooting and tasks to support both flawless process execution and supporting leaders and managers in maintaining a positive work environment and exceptional employee service.
- Must be currently working towards a Bachelors degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must submit a cover letter and resume.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills.
- Flexible, self-starter who can work independently with strong attention to detail and has an interest in different aspects of human resources.
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to step forward and make contributions for the betterment of Morningstar and its employees.
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Demonstration of a high level of discretion and candor relating to sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively or on an independent basis.
- Previous project management or HR experience is a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Please specify cumulative GPA and current work availability in your cover letter.001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal EntityPosted 2 Days AgoPart timeREQ-014762
How to Apply for a Job at Morningstar
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information through our corporate website to be considered for a job at Morningstar. No phone calls, please.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you're a good fit for Morningstar and we're a good fit for you, we'll schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact you with the results of your intervieweither with a job offer or to let you know our plans for the position.
Applicants With Disabilities Who Need Accommodation
Morningstar is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 312 384-3900 or email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
US Applicants: Morningstar is an E-Verify program participant.
Morningstar is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We make all employment decisionsincluding recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matterswithout regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, gender identity and expression, parental status, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct.