Intermediate Software Developer
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training, and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Role Description:
We seek an Intermediate Software Engineer who can work closely with the Technical Lead/Architect to create robust data pipelines and data service APIs to aid in the development of our products and services. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the organization daily. The role is a part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced organization. The position is highly technical, and the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently. Key responsibilities:
• Partner with geographically diverse Agile teams in a DevOps model of the agile development process
• Participate in all sprint ceremonies, namely grooming, planning, daily stand-ups, demos, retro
• Participate in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on work effort estimation as well as design
• Partner with product teams to understand API needs, define and develop applications/ architecture.
• Build data expertise and a deep understanding of business domain knowledge
• Work with Tech Enablement teams to ensure proper computational infrastructure is available to support rapid development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to various audiences.
• Work with an agile mindset to deliver small projects quickly to provide value and gain feedback in a production environment. Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's or Masters's degree with 1-3+ years of experience designing & developing large-scale software development and data engineering projects.
• Solid understanding of Data structures, Algorithms, and object-oriented design.
• Experienced in writing secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
• 1+ years experience in application development using Java & Spring to build microservices, RESTful APIs, etc., and distributed data processing platforms.
• 1+ years of experience developing software in Agile environment (Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Stories, User Acceptance Criteria(UAC), Definition of Done (DoD), Definition of Ready (DoR), etc.)
• 1+ years of experience with DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging tools.
• 1+ years of experience in relational (e.g.:- Oracle/Postgres), NOSQL (e.g.:- MongoDB/ DynamoDB), Search (e.g:- ElasticSearch) , Messaging/Streaming (e.g:- SQS, RabbitMQ, Kinesis) data systems & distributed system concepts from a data storage and compute perspective. Nice to Have:
• Experience with Data Integration and ETL tools like Talend, Pentaho, etc.
• Experience with AWS technologies for data storage, ETL, Orchestration, and analytics such as AWS Glue, Athena, S3, Lambda, Glue, EMR Spark, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, etc.
• Experience with Cloud-native technologies, containerization, and orchestration.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.