Intermediate Quantitative Analyst - Investment Oversight
Contribute heavily to the backbone of the Investment Oversight process, generating quantitative analysis, data visualizations, and insights for use by Senior Investment Oversight Analysts. Undertake independent, ad hoc research at the direction of Senior Management, the Head of Investment Oversight, or Senior Investment Oversight Analysts. Interact with investment teams to better understand their process and approach. Support teams work on deliverables to Mutual fund board. Responsibilities
- Perform in-depth analysis of internal investment strategies as part of the Investment Oversight process. Identify, organize, and analyze relevant data. Generate quantitative analysis and data visualizations covering active exposures, risk exposures, and performance attribution. Analyze product, index, peer group, and asset class attributes. Contribute perspective and insight where possible. Participate in relevant Investment Oversight meetings, answering questions as needed or leading specific aspects of the discussion if asked.
- Undertake ad hoc research projects at the direction of Senior Management, the Head of Investment Oversight, or Senior Investment Oversight Analysts. Generate presentations as needed. Utilize ability to program in Python or R to improve data analysis, streamline workflow and automate repetitive processes.
- Interact with investment teams to better understand their process and approach, attending internal meetings when possible.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, including proficiency with standard software tools.
- Proficiency with relevant analytic, risk, and attribution systems, such as Bloomberg, Aladdin, Wilshire, Barra, and Perform.
- The ability to inform and appropriately influence colleagues.
- Able to work independently and creatively under time constraints.
- Able to Interact effectively with investment teams and senior management when needed.
- Master's degree or equivalent.
- Degree focus in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- CFA and/or CAIA (including those in progress).
- Experience with R, Python, SQL, or similar analytic and data mining tools.