Information Technology Support Specialist
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? IT Support Specialist Job Locations US-IL-Chicago | US-IL-Chicago - Downtown Posted Date 1 day ago(2/10/2020 2:44 PM) Job ID 2020-6533 Category Information Technology Services
We are looking for an experienced Technology Support Specialist to work out of our Chicago location and support both Chicago and Madison, WI.
Some responsibilities include:
- At the direction of the IT Infrastructure team, assist with the setup and maintenance of all hardware and software, including but not limited to server(s), server rack/server closet, server room climate control, router, hubs, switches, wiring rack, wiring/cabling, fax services, copiers, printers, scanners, UPS systems, secondary application servers, Wireless Access Points (WAPs), WAN connectivity equipment
- Assist with documenting, tracking and troubleshooting any network hardware failures
- Assist with maintaining documentation; cabling diagrams, settings, procedures, etc.
- Assist with the management of physical IT security for office location
- Assist with set up and maintenance of all hardware for system, including but not limited to server, wiring, vendor contacts, locks, magnetic and/or swipe cards, biometric hardware and coordinate through building management where required
- Hardware: Assist with acquisition, allocation, setup/deployment and upgrade/maintenance on all office PC-based hardware, including but not limited to PCs, monitors, portable printers, portable scanners, projector
- Software: Assist with installation of all software via imaging, SCCM deliveries and manual when necessary. Assist in software and/or data conversion. Retention and maintenance of obsolete software where client data may still need to be accessed
- A/V projection: Assist with scheduling, event setup and end user support as necessary
User account management:
- Assist with and participate in disaster recovery processes at the direction of IT security
- Maintain inventory of all hardware, software
- Maintain inventory/map of all network/telco cable locations
- Maintain inventory/map of all network hardware locations
- Maintain inventory for shared, successor auditor, hot spare, temp employees
- Assist Mobility Support in maintaining inventory of all personal handheld devices that have been set up/configured to Interface with firm email/scheduling program
- Consumable supply management, if necessary
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience required
- Knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
- Experienced in printers and peripheral devices
- Experienced in Microsoft Active Directory
- Experienced in information security best practices
- Experienced with general PC repair and upgrades
- Experienced with MS Office programs and functionality
- Familiar with image based PC deployment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in existing systems and demonstrate critical thinking
- Ability to self-motivate and solve challenging problems without constant direction
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: .
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at .
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Interested in BKD but not quite ready to apply? Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Submit your résumé and indicate your interests by joining our talent community! This is a great way to stay informed about openings that may be of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Click for more information regarding BKDs Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.
Software Powered by iCIMS