Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer IAM Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/Information-Security-Engineer---IAM_REQ1883/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
Balyasny Asset Management is expanding our Information Security team and seeks an experienced candidate for an Information Security Engineer role to focus primarily on Identity and Access Management (IAM). The role will be hands-on, and will require experience designing and operating IAM processes, as well as hands on engineering work using IAM technology platforms. While this role will initially primarily focus on IAM, we are seeking a well-rounded professional who can take on other security engineering projects across multiple disciplines.
At BAM, you will have the chance to work with exciting technology and some of the smartest and most driven individuals in the industry. Were passionate about our work and about Information Security, and were seeking a candidate who feels the same way.
This position will report to BAM's Chief Information Security Officer.
- Implement BAM's Information Security vision and strategy for the firm.
- Lead efforts to deploy and integrate an IAM technology platform at BAM.
- Build and maintain firm information security systems and applications.
- Collaborate with technology teams to drive implementation of security controls and compliance requirements across the firm.
- Leverage automation and emerging technologies to amplify a small team's capabilities.
- Respond to information security incidents and execute the firms incident response plan.
- Promote a "secure culture" within technology and across the firm.
Tactical / Hands-On Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain IAM technology platforms, integrations and processes.
- Act as a consultant within the organization to provide guidance on IAM best practices.
- Manage and maintain various information security tools, including anti-virus software, endpoint protection and response tools, email security tools, data loss prevention platforms, public cloud and SaaS security platforms, and security monitoring tools.
- Develop custom solutions, as needed, to address BAM's specific security risks.
- Act as a consultant within the organization to provide guidance on technical security best practices.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation on the firms information security policies and procedures.
- Keep current on information security threat intelligence and industry news to determine BAMs best approach for dealing with new trends.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Systems Engineering, Networking, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- 5+ years information security background.
- Hands on experience designing, deploying, and maintaining IAM technology platforms.
- Ability to communicate technical and security concepts to non-technical stakeholders and to work with cross functional teams.
- Experience deploying and managing a variety of security tools, including anti-virus software, endpoint protection platforms, email security platforms, and cloud security platforms.
- Experience responding to security alerts/incidents and performing investigations.
- Strong understanding of basic information security concepts and best practices.
- Strong scripting skills (Python and/or PowerShell).
- Strong understanding of networking and systems administration.
Bonus Points For:
- Hands on experience with the Sailpoint IAM platform.
- Knowledge of financial services industry best practices and regulations related to information security (GDPR, SEC Regulations, CCPA, etc.)
- Information Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, Security+, OSCP, SANS, etc.)
Dont have all of the skills listed above? Have extra skills you think are important that we havent thought of? Please, let us know by applying and telling us a bit more about yourself and why you think youre qualified!
Posted YesterdayFull timeREQ1883
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.