Health Manager, IT Systems
Manager, Health Systems Consulting
311 West Monroe Street, 14th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is hiring a Manager with prior consulting project management experience to join our Healthcare and Life Sciences practice.
As a Manager in the Health Systems practice at West Monroe, you will join a team that will challenge you and invest in your success. You will have the opportunity to work with interdisciplinary teams to solve complex problems applying innovative and diverse solutions.
This role will give you the opportunity to lead and collaborate on projects related to our core offerings - Strategy and Transformation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tech Advisory and Implementation, Digital & Patient Experience, Population Health and Value-Based Care and Supply Chain Management.
- At least 7 years of experience in management consulting or in a management position working with providers and health systems
- Proven experience in one or more of the following areas working with providers and health systems: Digital; Patient Access; Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions; Clinically Integrated Network Creation; General Business Architecture
- Experience managing complex multi-workstream projects and delivering solutions aligned with the client’s goals and mission
- Coach and mentor other consultants while leading projects
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Deep understanding of new and existing technologies and the ability to leverage and apply to client solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Responsible for project success including overall customer satisfaction
- Effectively develop and manage workplans, staffing deadlines and budgets for multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and other project leadership including risks, issues, decisions and budgetary concerns
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- Review project deliverables for completeness and appropriateness
- Proactively monitor, track and mitigate risks
- Allocate resources to align with project scope and required skill sets
- Contribution to the growth of the practice through building and developing Health System’s core offerings and client delivery capabilities
- Participate actively in the recruiting process
- Active engagement in employee development and performance management
- Take an active role in creating Health System’s methodology and repeatable processes through the development of tools, templates, trainings and other collateral
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Create work plans, pricing estimates and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Active engagement as a thought leader through marketing activities, participating in professional societies and publishing and presenting thought leadership (e.g., white papers, speeches and articles)
- Support Health System leadership with key account meetings and growing those accounts
- Direct supervisory experience
- Ability to travel
- Commitment to DEI, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.