Head of Technology, Fitch Solutions
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Solutions
- 26 May 19
Head of Technology, Fitch Solutions
Fitch Solutions, a leading financial information services company, is seeking a Senior Technologist to lead the Software Engineering group and provide exceptional technical leadership in all aspects of their business. In this role, a successful candidate will oversee the software engineering teams to meet the demands of internal stakeholders and customers.
Strategic thinking, vision and collaboration with product, data and service leadership peers are essential in this role. We expect this leader to be well-versed in current technological trends and have experience successfully managing a development organization to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions at a timely pace. We are looking for a technology leader who is excited about shaping our company's technology roadmap and developing information services products that outperform in the market place.
- Develop, optimize and lead the company's technical strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Participate in the Product Leadership Team and providing technical guidance and corporate stewardship on a broad range of complex business issues and strategic initiatives.
- Direct, mentor and develop a software engineering group of over 30+ team members.
- Manage development budget and ensure that investments are made in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Drive delivery of world-class technical solutions on time, on budget and meeting or exceeding quality standards.
- Manage, support, and guide staff by inspiring and motivating them to achieve their best.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to a cross functional engineering team.
- Provide governance, processes and frameworks to support our information technology vision and strategy.
- Drive positive organizational and cultural change.
- Lead transformational efforts in service delivery and continuous improvement efforts.
- Work closely and coordinate initiatives with the technology team at Fitch Group, parent company of Fitch Solutions
The ideal candidate is a strategy focused leader with strong management and coaching skills. Someone that has experience building practical and forward-looking software applications, understands architectural trade-offs, thinks strategically when facing buy vs. build decisions, and excels within a larger agile team.
- 15+ years of experience within Information Technology and Product Development including 5+ years of experience managing technical teams, with experience managing a mid/ large sized organization.
- Solid business acumen with strategic understanding and ability to see the "big picture."
- Knowledge of software design best practices including architecture, development and software design patterns.
- Knowledge/Experience with web services, API design, data modeling and performance tuning.
- Deep understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault-tolerant, and performant software.
- Ability to manage a team of engineers while providing mentorship and coaching to further career growth and development in a formal setting.
- Previous responsibility for a large budget with demonstration of on-time delivery, on budget and meeting or exceeding quality expectations.
- Proven experience as a senior technology leader, ideally in the information service or management space.
- Knowledge of technological trends to aid in developing strategy.
- Ability to conduct technological analysis and research.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or similar discipline.
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp