An Investment Management firm is looking for a motivated Head of Know Your Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence (“KYC/EDD”) to manage the firm’s program for conducting KYC and EDD reviews on customer accounts. The position will report directly to the firm’s Deputy AML Officer and is based in the Chicago office.
- Maintain, update, and enhance the firm’s KYC and EDD procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and AML requirements
- Provide oversight for the KYC/EDD program across the firm
- Manage and supervise onshore and offshore staff responsible for performing KYC functions and conducting EDD reviews on existing accounts
- Serve as the point of contact for questions, issues, and escalations related to the firm’s KYC/EDD program
- Help design enhancements to the firm’s automated systems to facilitate the firm’s due diligence efforts
- Oversee escalations and investigations concerning the firm’s higher risk customers
- Occasional travel may be required
- 5+ years of relevant AML experience, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with an international customer base
- Subject Matter Expert for CIP and CDD requirements, and extensive knowledge of AML/BSA regulations, industry or regulatory standards and expectations.
- Appropriate securities and/or commodities registrations and/or ability to complete further required registration exams promptly
- High degree of comfort with technology and a functional understanding of how technology can be applied to business and regulatory solutions
- Outstanding leadership, communication, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, formulate and articulate solutions and defend assumptions
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar certification strongly preferred