Head of Global Trade Agreement Coordination and 3rd Party Oversight
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Feb 19
Job Reference # 188566BR
Your role :
Are you a good relationship manager? Are you passionate about project management? Do you consider yourself a leader? Then we have a role for you:
• ensuring smooth day to day business operation and the implementation and development of business-wide action plans and key initiatives.
• Serve as central point of contact and escalation when coordinating with internal and external parties, i.e. manages the interfaces for both Global Trade Agreement Coordination (Legal, Compliance, Trade Execution, Business Management, External Counterparties), and 3rd Party Risk Management/Oversight (Group Network & Market Infrastructure Management, Compliance and Operational Risk Control, Business Management, Group Sourcing)
• Advise and participate in regulatory and run-the-bank change initiatives
• Prioritizes and coordinates the work of various teams, including but not limited to the following:
• Serve as Lead relationship manager for AM to sell side banks in their capacity as broker/dealers to ensure the ongoing fluidity of new and existing trading lines
• In coordination with internal new business teams and senior management, sets the global priority of trade agreement execution
• Negotiate commercial terms within derivative and cash trading agreements for UBS AM: ISDA/CSA, CDEA, and MSFTAs
• Responsible for ensuring that vendor and outsourcing decisions align to the Asset Management division's strategic objectives.
• Drive vendor due diligence and periodic review processes which includes vendor onboarding, coordinating requests for risk information from third party vendors and coordination with vendor review team including Legal, Compliance, Information Security, Business Continuity and Financial Review.
enhancements over time
• Confirm Know your 3rd Party ("KY3P") inventory and completeness: manage and monitor KY3P tool ensuring onboarding of new vendors, consistent oversight, and evidence of due diligence and ongoing supervision of AM's fund-level relationships
You will be part of the Demand Management team of the COO business in our Asset Management division. Managing two teams responsible for provide business critical related services and support to Asset Management within the office of the COO. The team and position will sit in Chicago. The Demand Management team is responsible for providing stewardship for the services AM receives from the Corporate Centre functions, IT and Operations. The function also focuses on the management and oversight of third party service providers such as administrators and various professional services engaged in the running of our business. This function focuses on effectiveness and efficiency of service providers aligning our Change investments to strategic goals. This function also serves to ensure accurate and appropriate cost allocations are assessed against our firm.
• Persistent with strong attention to details
• able to rapidly learn, administer, and champion new systems in support of vendor management
• experienced in managing a global team and guiding and influencing both direct and indirect resources across the firm
• a strong leader with presence and can serve as a go-to person for the division's business units and leadership regarding vendors supporting both projects and day to day operations
• a university degree, in Finance or related field preferable
• 10+ years of relevant industry experience
• an understanding of what it takes to manage risk and perform vendor oversight
• excellent communication and presentation skills
• experience in influencing disparate groups of people, managing to aggressive timelines and making reasonable judgment calls as to prioritization of tasks
• experience in an environment where no two days are the same
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.