- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Head of Corporate Sales - Sales Manager
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
- Responsible for Sales and Relationship Management by geography, major account or product set.
- Responsible for directing the sales of products for corporate, academic & advisory clients and prospects.
- Work collaboratively with peers around the globe in order to develop an international client base.
- Hire & Manage a team of sales professionals
- Set direction and policies for sales activities and executes these plans.
- In partnership with other senior sales staff, identify business opportunities for new product development through market and client exposure.
- Work with marketing and product strategy teams to drive sales initiatives.
- Assist Finance in developing strategic corporate plans by forecasting multi-year revenue and expenditures for area of responsibility.
- Drive continuous service improvement with ultimate goal of revenue production and retention.
Bureau van Dijk aggregates, standardizes and distributes one of the world's most extensive private company datasets, with coverage exceeding 220 million companies.
- Bachelors' degree in finance, economics or related area required; graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's/MBA) degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in a sales role within in a software/services organization with a successful track record in sales, preferably selling solutions to the global marketplace.
- Significant experience in managing multiple sales professionals.
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach.
- Ability to influence key decision makers.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Enjoy mentoring and developing individuals within a team
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.