Group Credit Officer, Corporate Finance - Chicago
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. Department Overview
Credit policy strengthens Fitch's credit analysis, ratings and research by identifying credit risks that require additional focus and feeding that analysis back into the analytical teams, assessing Fitch's rating performance and assisting groups in implementing policy for the application of ratings criteria and models.
Credit Policy works in partnership with the analytical, operations, legal and compliance groups to ensure Fitch's ratings are timely, robust and consistent.
CPG forms part of Fitch's second line of defence and is therefore an important function in monitoring and maintaining Fitch's controls. The group reports directly to the Group Chief Risk Officer. Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be part of the Corporate Finance Group Credit Officer function, responsible for all corporate sectors in the Americas. The role will report to Frederic Gits, Group Credit Officer for Global Corporates and Regional Credit Officer for the European Union.
In particular, the role will involve: Analytical Excellence
Effective Risk Management
- Identify immediate and developing risks that deserve additional analytical focus,
- Challenge the credit thinking of Fitch's analytical groups with alternative viewpoints,
- Assess Fitch's rating performance,
- Attend committees and monitor the application of criteria and variations,
- Participate in the criteria development process, and
- Create a strong credit culture by being a role model for Fitch's values of transparency, independence, timeliness, rigour & integrity and diversity & inclusion.
- Assist product groups in implementing policy for the broad application of ratings criteria and models,
- Work in partnership with the analytical, operations, legal and compliance groups to improve the rigour of the analytical system, and
Qualifications and experience:
- Communicate with the analytical group and external parties on the most important credit topics facing the rated portfolio,
- Discussion of ratings and risks with key market participants to exchange views and gather information regarding credit matters,
- Facilitate communication across regions to ensure a consistent approach to similar credit issues, including periodic organization and provision of training on credit matters,
- Lead and contribute to research on important credit themes, and
- Work closely with Group Credit Officers covering other asset classes and Regional Credit Officers in order to identify, discuss and address credit matters and economic issues that may impact multiple sectors.
- Extensive experience in a senior analytical credit role required,
- Extensive experience of credit analysis and the credit markets,
- Prior criteria development skills are desirable,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Evidence of ability to engage stakeholders in alternative viewpoints in a constructive manner is essential, and
- Ability to demonstrate independence of thought.
This role will be based in New York or Chicago.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp