Grains Price Specialist
Grains Price Specialist (Agriculture, USA) Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Chicago The Team:
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the world's leading price reporting organization as it grows and develops its presence across Agriculture markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. The Americas agriculture pricing team is a dynamic group responsible for key pricing benchmarks across the region. The Impact:
We are seeking a regional specialist to drive grains pricing coverage as well as market engagement and price benchmark adoption, with a focus on grains and oilseeds in North America. It is an exciting opportunity to build and drive S&P Global Platts agriculture assessments. The Career Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have opportunities to grow within the team and the company. These opportunities can include expanding into a global remit or focusing on different commodities or commodity groups in Americas or other regions. What's in it for you:
- Opportunities to represent Platts at industry events, face-to-face meetings, presenting at conferences, webinars, podcasts or other interviews and to develop Platts as a significant presence in the Agriculture commodity space
- The successful candidate would contribute to a fast-paced team based in Chicago, Houston and Sao Paulo, Brazil that works across the grains, oilseeds, sugar and biofuels space as well as with the global agriculture team in Europe and Asia
- Assist in identifying, developing and executing assessment opportunities to drive growth in the grain markets
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Establishing and driving market coverage on wheat in North America, reporting on daily physical trading activity as well as bids, offers and other relevant information
- Providing support on other grains and oilseeds markets as may be required
- Identifying opportunities to refine methodology and help launch new price assessments
- Building and managing our database of contacts as well as transaction databases
- Writing a daily commentary and assessment rationale explaining the trends driving prices
- Identifying target groups of key market participants and working with regional content leader in developing and executing targeted engagement plans.
- Representing Platts at industry events as well as in virtual and face-to-face meetings with market participants in order to drive market adoption
- Collaborating with other colleagues across the globe including the Agriculture Analytics team
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $116,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum five years' experience of the global wheat markets - accompanying awareness of exchange traded derivatives preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence across a wide range of role types and personalities, internally and externally
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to apply basic math functions in Excel
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight deadlines
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter mindset with effective problem-solving skills
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Business
- A solid understanding of economics principles and commodities markets fundamentals
- Existing network of contacts in the industry preferred Additional language skills would be an advantage, particularly Spanish or Portuguese
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260972 Posted On:
Chicago, Illinois, United States