- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Jul 18
Global Markets, Model and Data Governance Developer (Chicago)
Opening: Model and Data Governance Developer (Java/SQL)
Company Background: Credit Suisse HOLT is a financial analytics platform proprietary to Credit Suisse that delivers software services and data feeds. The HOLT platform integrates and processes and millions of financial figures for over 20,000 global traded securities. This financial data is assimilated and scrubbed before calculating metrics in a proprietary financial model used by institutional investors on a web platform. HOLT processes require high quality, governed data and rigorous data models with ridged change management and documentation.
Location: Chicago, IL
Position: HOLT's Model Development team has an opening for a Data Analyst/Developer to evaluate and improve HOLT's data lineage, storage and use within applications. Responsibilities include developing, documenting and maintaining support processes for the Data and Model Development Team.
- Gather and understand technical requirements from Model Team and Financial Analysts.
- Liaison between Business and Technology teams to ensure data requirements are clearly defined.
- Conduct data exploration, solve data problems, and execute algorithmic data processing using SQL.
- Troubleshoot application and data problems and fulfilling data requests.
- Develop processes to identify and classify data or model calculation issues.
- Perform peer code reviews and write functional test cases.
- Oversee code base and define/execute testing procedures.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
- Experience translating business requirements into algorithms and processes.
- 2+ years or demonstrated proficiency of JAVA Experience writing unit tests (jUnit) and managing build environment
- 2+ years or demonstrated proficiency navigating and managing source code repositories (SVN, CVS)
- Familiarity with scripting languages in Windows and Linux Environment (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills. Technical writing experience creating internal documentation or user guides a plus.
- Exposure to Analytic Programming in a large Data Warehouse (relational database , Advanced SQL, OLAP)
- Experience with descriptive statistics, software packages (R, Stata, Matlab)
- Exposure to Business Analytics, Data Visualization, Natural Language Processing a plus.
- Familiarity with Financials / Equities Data. Interest in or knowledge of Financial markets a plus.