- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 Apr 18
Global Markets - HOLT Model Development (ANL-ASO)
The Credit Suisse Group is a leading global investment banking and financial service firm. Credit Suisse Global Markets fully integrates our Equities and Fixed Income franchises into one division to deliver a consistent, creative and high-value client experience. Our global teams provide depth, breadth and experience to help clients access leading ideas, products and solutions. Our services include global securities sales, trading and execution, prime brokerage, underwriting and comprehensive investment research.
HOLT is a value-based, return on capital framework proprietary to Credit Suisse that provides differentiated investment research. HOLT provides an objective view of over 18,000 companies in 65 countries worldwide using a rigorous methodology that examines accounting information, converts it to cash and then values that cash. The corporate performance framework is the foundation for the HOLT valuation model - an objective, long-term valuation discounted cash flow model. Embedded in the valuation model is a company specific life-cycle framework, which forecasts baseline long-term patterns of change in economic returns and growth, using empirical research on how thousands of companies with similar characteristics have performed in the past.
Position: HOLT's Model Development team has an opening for a Model and Data Analyst to explore HOLT's extensive data warehouse, perform research and develop and analyze performance of HOLT valuation metrics. The analyst will report to HOLT's Director of Research.
Location: Chicago, IL
- Become adept with understanding the measurement of corporate performance and valuation.
- Explore HOLT's extensive data warehouse and develop and analyze performance of HOLT valuation metrics.
- Perform empirical research, data analysis and modeling that lead to a better understanding of stock market valuations.
- Utilize Statistical Packages R and STATA to perform advanced statistical analysis and build macroeconomic insight.
- Help develop new analysis tools to perform research and produce content.
- Perform bespoke analysis for institutional investors.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- BS degree in either Financial or Economics (minor in mathematics or computer science is desirable or at least a shown interest).
- Alternatively, pursuing Science Technology Engineering or Mathematics Degree and have a knowledge of financial markets (minor in Financial, Business or Economic Minor is desirable or at least shown interest).
- Attention to detail.
- 0-4 years of meaningful industry experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent PC skills; advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint a requirement, VBA or other programming a plus.
- Familiarity with accessing data stored in SQL Databases.
- Experience with Data Transformations and Analysis of large panel data sets.
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics, software packages (R, Stata.) a plus.
- A keen interest in capital markets and learning how markets work.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- You should be self-motivated and an excellent teammate.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment.