Global Information Security Senior IT Project Manager
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Senior IT Project Manager will plan for the delivery of at least four projects with moderate complexity within a program or in a series of unrelated projects.
This includes managing multiple projects within Global Information Security as well as other areas in Technology. The incumbent will work collaboratively across the division to execute project objectives. Principal Accountabilities
- Manages four or more projects within a program or several unrelated projects. Determine project goals and priorities with stakeholders and sponsors, publish clear project priorities for the team, and prepare project plans along with other deliverables. Create project deliverables appropriate to the nature of the project to support accountability, auditability and timely delivery across the team
- Organize project work into manageable phases and create a plan for completing all phases based on project goals and priorities in compliance with team standards. Ensure project status and risk logs are documented in relevant knowledge bases. Keep current with GIS Delivery project documentation and processes with an eye towards audit preparation and having project detail easily at hand.
- Operate from an "ownership" mindset by challenging, respectfully, the assumption that
- Everything is proceeding on schedule
- Pro-fees, subscription, licenses and capital spend are within budget
- Everyone agrees to project deliverables
- Submission of deliverables is tantamount to an acceptable level of quality and that
- Timelines are being met
- Confirm that the appropriate resources are forecasted and assigned to ensure successful project delivery
- Clarify project team member task assignments and monitors progress towards completion of deliverables
- Identify, document, and escalate project risks and issues to Sponsors and stakeholders
- Ensure project stakeholders are informed of progress, budget and issues.
- Communicate project status to department senior management to ensure that project priorities and status is understood
- Operate as a responsible stakeholder by finding areas for project and process direction and improvement
PM should be highly engaged, self-motived, be able to think ahead, decisive, operate independently, be entrepreneurial in spirit, be able to communicate clearly, have a respect for processes and aspire towards leadership.
Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, leadership, facilitation, negotiation and presentational skills absolutely required.
The candidate needs strong business judgment, the ability to direct and critique the work of others while maintaining a collaborative, supportive team environment.
3-5 years of previous experience managing with technology projects, information security a plus.
Previous technical background a plus.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. All disciplines welcome to apply.
Knowledge of project management processes, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods a plus.
Project management certification a plus.