Global Information Security Delivery Manager- IT Project Management
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Manager of IT Project Management focuses on leading a team responsible for delivering projects within IT. This includes managing multiple high-risk projects involving external parties and multiple business areas. Leads the planning, implementation and introduction of new systems and technologies. Demonstrates responsibility in communication processes, including that with internal and external parties, and is accountable for the delivery of projects on deadlines, while maintaining budgetary responsibilities and keeping within the project scope.
Responsibilities also include;
- Executing complex projects following existing processes for GIS Delivery.
- Interfacing with other CME divisions and regulatory authorities via committee or program management.
- Overseeing direct reports and will guide them in successful completion of their projects and professional development
- Improving the GIS Delivery organization via process improvement, research, internal improvement projects and constructive feedback.
This role demands managing multiple people, efforts, projects and processes within GIS. The incumbent will drive work, collaboratively, to execute CME, GIS and GIS Delivery objectives. Principal Accountabilities
Manage multiple complex projects within programs or several unrelated projects using a "security first" mindset. Determine and negotiate project goals and priorities with stakeholders and sponsors, establish and publish clear project priorities for the team, and prepare project plans along with other deliverables in accordance with GIS Delivery standards and compliance requirements. Identify, document, and escalate project risks and issues to Sponsors and stakeholders. Ensure project stakeholders are informed of progress, budget and issues. Communicate project status to senior management to ensure that project priorities and status are understood
- Create project deliverables appropriate to the nature of the project to support accountability, auditability and timely delivery across the team.
- Keep current with GIS Delivery project documentation and processes with an eye towards audit preparation and having project detail easily at hand.
- Operate from an ownership mindset by challenging, respectfully, the assumption that
- Everything is proceeding on schedule.
- Pro-fees, subscription, licenses and capital spend are within budget
- Everyone agrees to project deliverables and
- Timelines are being met
- Operate with a collaborative mindset: who should be included, who needs to know and when, who can help resolve this issue and, if needed, how can I get this team to function more efficiently?
- Provide recipient-appropriate updates in detail and timeliness demonstrating PM-level command of the project status, scope, technology, risk identification and mitigation and areas of improvement.
- Report a balanced view of projects by reporting the facts regardless of implication, challenging nature of the information or perceived reception by stakeholders.
- Escalate in a timely manner to the appropriate stakeholders when major milestones or project dates are at risk with the goal of creating a remediation recommendation.
Work effectively with GIS Delivery leadership and with senior leadership teams and committees outside of GIS to identify and address issues related to planning and strategy, framing key decisions, identifying and facilitating prioritization of initiatives
Manage direct reports by overseeing and supporting their project work resulting in clear, achievable project phases, realistic plans for completing work based on project goals and priorities in compliance with Delivery standards and documentation requirements. Monitor direct reports' progress towards completion of deliverables including change control documentation and compliance requirements. Ensure direct reports progress in soft-skills, education/certification and other forms of career development. Set the example for, mentor, and guide more junior project managers.
Provide project management consultative services and cross-functional leadership on an-ad hoc basis with the goal of successful project completion for efforts not directly managed by GIS Delivery Qualifications:
PM should be highly engaged, assertive, entrepreneurial in spirit with respect for processes, accountability and decision traceability as well as aspire towards further leadership.
Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation and presentational skills required.
The candidate needs to exhibit good business judgment, the ability to direct and critique the work of others while maintaining a collaborative, supportive team environment.
8-10 years of previous experience managing projects and/or programs of varying degrees of complexity and organizational integration.
Experience with infrastructure technology or security projects is a plus, as is a background in consulting.
Knowledge of project management processes, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods a plus, as is PMP certification.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.