GSAM, Strategic Client Services, Client Service Analyst - Chicago
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 15 Oct 18
GSAM, Strategic Client Services, Client Service Analyst - Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated Client Service Analyst with strong communication skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment to join our US Shareholder Services Client Service team in Strategic Client Services. In this capacity, the Analyst will support our institutional and digital retirement clients through his/her strong client service orientation, keen attention to detail and high sense of urgency, with the goal of meeting client needs in a thorough and efficient manner. This Client Service position is ideal for the person who seeks to deepen his or her client service focus, relationship management skills, has knowledge of the digital retirement and pooled vehicle investment business, is very detail oriented, enjoys a very fast paced/high energy work environment and welcomes the demands of heavy client interaction.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Within GSAM, the Strategic Client Service group is a global, sales aligned service organization that provides high quality service and solutions to Shareholders. Through their client service model, Strategic Client Services enables distribution of GSAM investment products, provides consultative services, scale and controls, all with a focus on being accretive financially to the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The US Shareholder Services Client Service Analyst role in Strategic Client Services involves front line communication with our Institutional and Honest Dollar clients and sales partners, and is responsible for managing client service needs across sales territories, sales channels and client types. The role will be required to support multiple business lines including Liquidity Solutions, Honest Dollar, Retirement Services and Broker/Dealers. To accomplish this goal, this role is charged with defining and managing accountabilities across the entire GSAM and Federation organization involved in these processes, including Distribution, Portfolio Management, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Technology, Product Management and Controllers. The team also identifies, escalates and helps mitigate business and operational risk by working closely with all functional areas in a professional, knowledgeable, and diligent manner in order to add value to the client experience.
This position requires a thorough understanding of a client service environment and m ay participate in business development initiatives which could require an in-depth understanding of the industry, client base, and systems. The Client Service Analyst will be involved in supporting key initiatives and campaigns, ad hoc projects and other internal efforts. With a large and growing client base, it is important that this individual be self-motivated, able to juggle multiple projects, and build relationships to help us better serve our clients and build our business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage client relationships by serving as primary point of contact with clients and sales channels
- Analyze and offer solutions to client requests via numerous mediums
- Provide a full range of services: including answering client inquiries for fund/portfolio information and literature, acting as the point person for any client-related issues, and executing trades
- Communicate and work closely with the sales force and product team to provide high quality Work on special value projects as necessary (i.e. asset development/retention, automation related projects, client experience)service to our clients
- Partner with Management and other Service Representative's to build long term successful & scalable service models
- Work closely with the firm's trading desks relaying the status of trading activity on all institutional client accounts
- Provide ongoing feedback to the team regarding quality service, training, and coaching in an effort to increase the effectiveness and consistency of service and relationship management
- Cultivate a service environment targeted towards enhancing the client experience
- Analyzing and problem solving, both independently and with the team
- Monitors and escalates service issues to ensure a high quality response to clients
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS Degree and strong academic background required
- Ability to deliver superior client service to internal and external clients
- Excellent understanding of Mutual Funds/Collective Trusts. Preferred understanding from the service perspective of a transfer agent
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) experience preferable
- Customer Service Platform experience - ZenDesk preferable
- Expert PC skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Power Point
- Preferred 1-3 years of relevant experience with a minimum of three years of experience in a financial services industry environment
- NASD Series 6/7 and Series 63 preferred (should be obtained within first 60 days on the job)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.