Fund Accounting Business Analyst
- 80 -115K+
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Cortland Capital Market Services
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
Cortland Capital Market Services is looking for an experienced Investment Accountant that would like to take a step into the technical world. We are currently developing a first priority software that will shape the future of our Accounting business. Please see description below for more details.
The Fund Accounting Business Analyst is a great opportunity for an accomplished fund accounting professional that has strong analytical capabilities and is highly curious and interested in technology. This is a unique position blending core fund accounting skills with a desire to work as a member of our technology team to support our global user group and drive client service delivery with applied technology solutions. As a member of the technology team, you will interact heavily with our accounting team, financial control, strategy & execution and our clients. Funds fall into one of four market sectors – Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Equity Funds, and Real Estate Funds.
- Apply your exceptional fund accounting expertise to support our global user base.
- Work directly with our technology team to investigate and resolve complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Lead and contribute to new business requirements for ongoing improvements to the accounting and reporting platform.
- Use your accounting and operational experience to identify and drive operational improvements through applied technology solutions.
- Support our implementation team to onboard new funds onto our platform.
- Support ongoing training and development of new team members.
- Manage and deliver on special projects and custom solutions for our clients.
- Apply basic technology skills to analyze and troubleshoot system issues.
- Test new features and support our quality control team on documenting test plans.
Experience, Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or related work experience.
- 3+ years accounting experience.
- Fund administration, exposure to hedge funds, private equity, credit, and real estate funds.
- Quick learner, highly inquisitive and curious, excellent track-record of solving complex problems with focus and determination.
- Strong aptitude for numbers and auditing.
- Curious about technology and enjoys working with both business and technology professionals.
- Highly capable of working independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team environment.
- Previously acting as a liaison or interface between business users and technology team is preferred.
- Basic technology skills such as Python, T-SQL, Excel VBA macros, advanced excel modeling a plus.
- CFA, CPA a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin language is a plus.
Cortland values intellectually curious professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills collegially and independently. Salary is based on experience, skill level and education for the target position.
Cortland Capital Market Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.