Fixed Income Quantitative Research Analyst
Are you excited about learning and developing quantitative tools and solutions? Are you interested in the fixed income investments? Can you program and understand quantitative models and tools? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Advance the quantitative research agenda: alpha modelling, portfolio construction and risk management
• Work with I.T., or otherwise, to design and develop the quantitative research infrastructure/platform to support ongoing development and testing of research ideas and models and deployment to end-users/stakeholders.
• Work closely with the investment teams to develop models for identifying and evaluating investment opportunities and as well hedging strategies
• Work with team members to periodically review, assess and enhance existing models
• Support the fixed income business with quantitative analysis and analytics
You'll be working in the Fixed Income Quantitative Research team in Chicago. Working closely with portfolio managers and analysts, quantitative research provides actionable investment ideas to teams globally.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in an analytical field like engineering, mathematics, accounting or finance with an outstanding academic record
– 2 years of quantitative modeling and/or programming experience
– strong programming skills (Matlab or R, VBA and SQL)
– a strong appetite to learn all aspects of applied quantitative research within fixed income
– intellectually curious, accountable and data driven
– strong team-player with cooperative can-do attitude
– able to challenge the status quo and suggest viable alternative approaches
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.