Financial Analyst I Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Financial-Analyst-I_R210000625/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
*The primary focus for the analyst will be underwriting credit products to public sector entities, including but not limited to, municipalities and public school districts.
Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Acts timely, efficiently and independently, taking ownership of client satisfaction.
- Analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Conducts thorough analysis of credit risk.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers.
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Minimizes BMOs risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Focus may be on a business/group.*
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities, or other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 1 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 - 3 years of previous Commercial Loan and Credit analyst experience required.
- In depth specific functional knowledge and broad business knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong quantitative analytics and credit analysis skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Basic understanding of risk management concepts
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR210000625 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.