Financial Analyst, FP&A IL - Chicago/en-US/ventas_careers/job/IL---Chicago/Financial-Analyst--FP-A_R0000357/apply Job Description:
The Financial Analyst will support the Financial Planning & Reporting (FP&R) group within Ventass growing Seniors Living Asset Management business, reporting to the Manager of FP&R. The role of FP&R is to quantitatively and qualitatively understand the drivers of performance within the Companys portfolio of senior living communities. The Senior Financial Analyst will be the financial engine of the senior living team, and will be responsible for creating, managing and improving analyses, forecast models, due diligence and tenant/operator relationship monitoring processes, while creating various tools to support the proactive oversight of the portfolio. While we do not require any prior real estate or healthcare experience, we do require candidates who are smart, humble, and anxious to learn, work hard, and be an integral part of a company whose track record speaks for itself.
- Maintain and enhance forecast / earnings models relevant to the senior living business.
- Assist with earnings preparation, monthly business reviews, investor relations requests, and other internal / external reporting, including presentations for the Board of Directors and Management / Investment Committees.
- Analyze and model asset disposition and transactional situations and support strategic direction.
- Manipulate and evaluate operator, macroeconomic, and senior living industry data to produce insightful analyses, statistics, and reports that drive strategic decision-making and financial outperformance.
- Collaborate with multiple functions throughout the organization, including Corporate FP&A, Accounting, and Construction & Development, in order to prepare and support the development of information for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Benchmark the companys senior living real estate portfolio against industry peers to identify areas of opportunity for differentiation, improvement, etc.
- Prepare due diligence and presentations of market studies, including competitive landscape and new supply analyses to inform portfolio management decisions.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and support automation projects to improve the efficiency of the reporting cycle and ensure data accuracy.
- Provide overall analytical support as needed to the Senior Living Asset Management team, Corporate FP&A organization, and/or Senior Leadership on key strategic initiatives and other ad hoc requests.
- 1+ years of progressive financial analysis or investment banking experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting or similar business field.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyze data trends, draw conclusions, and create presentable, understandable reports to Senior Leadership.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation-building, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Process and detail oriented always looking for ways to improve processes.
- Strong understanding of financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) and overall financial markets.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Smart, collaborative, team-oriented, and intellectually curious, with an ability and desire to work in a deadline-oriented environment with competing priorities.
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Ventas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ventas, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR0000357
Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR), an S&P 500 company, is a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), with a highly diversified portfolio of nearly 1,300 seniors housing, medical office, and healthcare properties in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Through its Lillibridge subsidiary, Ventas provides management, leasing, marketing, facility development and advisory services to highly rated hospitals and health systems throughout the United States. In 2015, Ventas was named GRESB Global and North American Healthcare Sector Leader and was awarded their Green Star recognition for improving the energy efficiency of its portfolio. Ventass CEO was named by Harvard Business Review as one of the top 50 Best-Performing CEOs in the World the last two years running.
Ventass pursuit of excellence, focused investment strategy, balanced business model and highly-skilled team have consistently produced superior total shareholder return for more than a decade. Thats not just excellence. Thats Excellence. Sustained.