Executive Director Financial Research & Product Development - SME of Interest Rate Markets
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Executive Director, Financial Research & Product Development leads a team that researches, designs and develops new risk management products for the interest rate market as well as ensuring the continued relevance of CME Group's current suite of benchmark contracts. The Executive Director also produces and oversees original research on interest rate derivatives and their underlying markets. CME Group operates the core cash and listed markets for U.S. interest rates and this role places the individual at the epicenter of new market developments. Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Experience:
- Lead a team that develops new products into viable, working markets by actively engaging externally with market participants, regulatory authorities, and/or third-party data providers and collaborate with internal stakeholders. Lead the coordination of launch efforts internally.
- Solicit feedback by leveraging his/her network of industry participants, regulators, data providers, etc. through trade calls, surveys, industry events and conferences. Report back intelligence to relevant stakeholders.
- Utilize data and analysis conducted by team to provide insights. Author and commission product-related materials and original research.
- Prepare and deliver product presentations as required.
- Maintain viability of existing products by evaluating the impact of market trends, engaging with clients to gain insight and feedback, and complete maintenance activities on existing products. Identify and design viable product extensions in conjunction with business line management team.
- Share deep product and industry knowledge with team members to advance their understanding and development. Provide feedback and set priorities.
- Understand the changing global regulatory environment to consider potential impact on the interest rate product line. Carry out or commission analysis to ensure existing products continue to meet regulatory requirements.
- As a member of the Research and Product Development management team, share best practice across the department, assist with cross-department initiatives, help set targets and manage budgets.
- Education: Minimum of a master's degree.
- Experience: 12+ years; has acquired a deep knowledge of interest rate markets, both cash and derivatives.
- Familiarity with equity index markets an advantage.
- Strong written communication skills and aptitude in editing others' written work.
Data skills: proficient in Excel, VBA, Bloomberg. Preferred: Salesforce, Infosource. Reports To: The Executive Director, Financial Research & Product Development
reports to the Managing Director, Global Head of Research & Product Development