Equity Research Intern
Ready to launch your career? The Columbia Threadneedle Investments intern program is designed to provide students with first-hand investment management experience. Our team performs in-depth research on small-and-mid-cap equities, with an emphasis on forming a differentiated view to identify attractively priced stocks. A team of dedicated sector analysts and portfolio managers collaborate to choose investments for client portfolios. Inputs include multifactor quantitative models that augment top-down and bottoms-up fundamental analysis.
About the Columbia Threadneedle Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides real-life experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As a Columbia Threadneedle intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business knowledge, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
As an Equity Research intern, you will perform sector-and-company specific research under the direction of sector analysts, interacting daily with experienced investment professionals and portfolio managers. Your project work will conclude with a sector and stock presentation to the Columbia Wanger Asset Management team. Additional responsibilities may include ad-hoc research projects on timely sub-sectors or stocks.
Examples of past intern projects include:
• Summer end stock pitch
• Listening and taking notes for management meetings, sell side calls and expert network calls
• Performing quantitative analysis to stocks sensitivities to macro factors Required Qualifications
• Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Finance, Quantitative or Science degree with a focus in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
• Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Demonstrated leadership experience Preferred Qualifications
• High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• High level of intellectual curiosity and aptitude for solving complex problems
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.