Director of Technology
Director & PMO Head,Technology Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Director---PMO-Head-Technology_R210002081-1/apply
200 W Adams Street
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
Leads a team of portfolio and project managers accountable for the oversight and delivery of technology projects within US Personal & Business Banking. Ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the CIO and Accountable Executive. Drives to mitigate execution risk to achieve the desired technology and business outcomes. Works across technology and business teams to identify and mitigate risks and obstacles, ensure transparency and effective communication and process effectiveness/efficiency. Directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of technology/business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic and operational issues.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Manages/validates financial forecasts and conducts ongoing reconciliation.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Provides program level change leadership to ensure the vision and objectives of the large-scale transformation are driven properly.
- Develops change management plans for the complex programs spanning across multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Directs strategic programs within multiple or single business/groups and provides integrated management of subsidiary projects and internal or external stakeholders.
- Leads all aspects of the software development lifecycle and ensures program structure is designed to achieve the intended results.
- Exercises direct accountability for complex programs with many project managers and team members.
- Manages overall program budget, and allocates budgets to supporting projects. Ensures overall program spend is managed within approved annual and multi-year budget allocations.
- Manages contingency funding in support of risk mitigation plans.
- Provides guidance to the project sponsor on the implementation and sustainment of projects, resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle, including, operational and technology deliverables. Ensures all project processes are completed.
- Ensures change management plans are developed, socialized and consistently measured to deliver the expected project benefits and adoption.
- Executes project requirements in governance frameworks focused on risk appetite, regulatory and compliance standards.
- Develops all related project management artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards
- Monitors and controls project deliverables. Makes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project plan to achieve deliverables,
- Understands project interdependencies and demonstrates critical thinking that proactively identifies project risks and establishes effective risk mitigation from the outset.
- Demonstrates stakeholder partnership that involves effective communicating with the project sponsor; gains and builds trust and rapport.
- Demonstrates ownership and commitment by holding themselves accountable for the identification and resolution of project problems.
- Adheres to Bank risk, regulatory and compliance controls.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is an asset.
- Experience managing software projects
- Knowledge of Bank systems and related architecture
- Entrepreneurial skills Expert.
- Judgement skills Expert.
- Learning agility Expert.
- Stakeholder management Expert.
- Able to navigates challenging situations effectively.
- Able to apply project management methodologies or approaches.
- Able to manage project and technology risks, including project and program interdependencies.
- Able to resolve project issues effectively.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR210002081 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.