Director, Regulatory Affairs Policies & Procedures
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Regulatory Affairs Policies & Procedures (RAPP) team is seeking a Director who will report to the Global Head of RAPP and assist with the following:
- Reviewing proposed new CRA law/regulations, and amendments to existing CRA law/regulations, in any relevant jurisdiction to determine what comments Fitch would have; discussing this with internal stakeholders; preparing comment letters for submission.
- Attending meetings with Fitch’s regulators, and relevant government officials, to discuss new CRA law/regulations, and amendments to existing CRA law/regulations.
- Working with relevant subject matter experts to draft responses to requests for information from Fitch’s regulators, including in the course of regulatory exams.
- Working with the relevant groups within Fitch to prepare response to regulatory findings; assist with implementation of agreed plans.
- Review and amend Fitch’s internal policies and procedures for consistency with, and facilitation of, business practices, while being compliant with applicable laws/regulations; draft new policies/procedures if necessary.
- Map policies and procedures to legal requirements; create annotated versions of all policies and procedures.
- Lawyer with 6-9 years experience post law school.
- Helpful to have experience of regulated financial services industry – work with the relevant laws/regulations.
- Experience with drafting policies/procedures a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Good communicator – able to turn turgid legal text into simple concepts/rule sets understandable to non-lawyers.
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organisation.