Director, Platform Engineering
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Fitch Group Platform Engineering team is responsible for standardizing tools, optimizing cost and creating synergies across engineering teams by leveraging a common set of tools and services. The Platform engineering team develops and maintains DevOps pipelines, workflows and AI/ML based products.
We are seeking a Director who can lead the Platform engineering team and provide hands-on technical and thought leadership in the development and adoption of tools and solutions to support the DevOps pipeline, custom product development/configuration of workflow tools and AI/ML based Ratings product development.
As a Director of Platform Engineering, the ideal candidate will be at the forefront of the engineering team, driving innovation and creating cutting edge software products utilizing bleeding edge technology. From setting strategy to building new pipelines and creating efficiencies through automation, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact to the organization on a daily basis. Key responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to the platform engineering team enabling cost-effective and rapid delivery of software development across Fitch.
- Spearhead the continuous improvement and adoption of Platform Engineering tools, DevSecOps pipeline, containerization and orchestration across the organization.
- Provide architectural guidance and best practices to improve the predictive power of our existing financial models as well as develop innovative solutions using cloud based AI and ML technologies.
- Conduct AI/ML Technology roadshows for business stakeholders showcasing the technical capabilities and drive adoption of the new AI and ML platform.
- Lead application development and custom development/configuration of workflow tools.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to promote metrics-based software development.
- Work independently to figure out technical challenges, and identify options and come up with solutions.
- Manage a team of Associate Directors, Lead Engineers, and responsible for setting up goals, conducting performance appraisals and providing mentorship.
- Experience in driving operational excellence across the organization to deliver technology prototypes in support of business and technology teams.
- Experience in taking ideas and concepts, visualize them and devise clear roadmaps.
- Ability to seed and extend innovation across the engineering teams.
- Adept in embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products.
- Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the Software development life cycle.
- Ability to work in independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapid delivery environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelors degree with 13+ years of experience designing, developing and leading large-scale software development and digital transformation projects.
- 7+ years of experience in application development using Java and related open source technologies including microservices, RESTful APIs development.
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging tools.
- 3+ years of experience with DevSecOps toolset such as JFrog Xray, Contrast, Chef Automate.
- 5+ years of experience leading high-performance development teams using Agile methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud native technologies, containerization and orchestration.
- 3+ years of experience with developing applications using AI and ML implementations leveraging cloud based approach. AWS experience is preferred
- Knowledge of multiple analytics platforms, measurement solutions, data visualization tools, and experience using these tools to provide meaningful insight.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity with AI, ML models such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Apache MXNet.
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence workflow development
- Experience working with Artifactory, Docker, AWS SageMaker and Amazon Lex.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp