Director, Disputes and Investigations Job ID 19001914 Chicago, Illinois
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Disputes and Investigations practice provides industry and technical insights to win disputes related to contractual, fiduciary or related obligations and prepares expert analysis to help clients understand, prevent and manage fraud.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Managing staff members to ensure engagement execution that will support thorough and grounded expert opinions and/or provide quality consulting services to attorneys within established timeframes
- Providing guidance to attorneys on key financial and business issues
- Obtaining a thorough understanding of the drivers that affect value and creditworthiness of the subject company
- Developing and/or evaluating damages claims and calculations
- Creating financial models, cash flow analysis, completing business related valuations, and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the client company or transaction
- Reviewing internal and external communications, including client proposals and expert reports
- Marketing services both to internal partners and external clients, developing client networks, and supporting efforts in developing and executing sales and marketing strategies
- Delivering presentations to potential clients
- Managing client relationships; identifying and developing opportunities to enhance relationships with existing clients/contacts and new potential business
- Recruiting, training, developing and evaluating professional and administrative staff
- Identifying cross-marketing opportunities within and across Duff & Phelps practice areas
- Managing teams of all levels of professional staff to ensure effective professional time utilization
- Demonstrating support in advancing company and office objectives of profitability, professionalism and teamwork with colleagues and clients
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Statistics; or an MBA
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in providing disputes and/or investigations
- Previous testimony experience in dispute matters
- Time management, organization skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, in order to provide outstanding client service in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate areas in which additional or other services may be beneficial to clients
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Proven mathematical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel, as needed
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.