Director, Credit Analyst covering Retail and Consumer Sectors
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a Director for coverage of the Retail and Consumer sector. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has a demonstrated understanding of and a keen interest in Retail and Consumer industries;
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- has experience in interpreting complex legal documents such as bank agreements and bond indentures;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Retail and Consumer sector;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Conducting and/or participating in meetings with Retail and Consumer industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups. Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA preferred;
- 7+ years relevant experience, which must include some coverage or knowledge of the Retail and Consumer sectors;
- Capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.