Director, Corporate Risk IL - Chicago/en-US/ventas_careers/job/IL---Chicago/Director--Corporate-Risk_R0000467/apply Job Description:
Working with Chief Financial Officer and Chief Tax Officer as well as other corporate leaders, the Director, Corporate Risk develops and leads the Company's insurance risk management function. Responsible for leading, planning, and administering all aspects of the insurance risk mitigation business including analysis, risk modeling, and loss prevention programs to protect the organization's assets. Identifies and remains aware of major insurable risk exposures and operational risk considerations, with the goal of eliminating or reducing overall insurable risk and the impact of such loss on the ability of the Company to operate at a desirable level. Works closely with various departments to develop and communicate insurance program directed at controlling risk.
Strategy and Planning
- Manage, implement and continue to develop the Companys entire insurance risk management program and strategy (both short- and long-term).
- Research, evaluate and develop appropriate insurance policy and procedures to comply with industry practices, taking into account state-of-the-art trends in insurance risk management/safety/ loss prevention and claims management.
- Identify, evaluate and implement corrective action against insurable risks that may result in injury, property loss, damage or legal liability.
- Partner with senior leadership to integrate enterprise risk analytics into business operations.
- Analyze and classify insurable risks as to frequency and potential severity, and measuring financial impact of those risks on Company, including review of acquisition targets.
- Research, analyze and advise on captive risk programs and structures and implement and manage captive risk programs, as adopted.
- Lead efforts to analyze, quantify, and communicate insurable risk to senior leadership and the Board.
Risk Transfer through Purchase of Insurance (external and internal Captive insurance company)
- Manage a comprehensive corporate insurance strategy including researching, recommending and reporting on the most cost-effective program to transfer risk and minimize asset liability.
- Manage the placement of comprehensive insurance products for program including insurance pricing, structure, deductibles/self-insured retentions and limits for all property, casualty and other insurance policies and service agreements, as appropriate.
- Act as the company liaison to Company employees, customers and insurance companies, for all aspects of insurance program including timely notification and investigation of any incidences that may result in asset loss.
- Consideration and analysis of alternative risk mitigation strategies including additional use of captive programs.
- Responsible for claims management processes (including workers compensation claim administration program), which involves notification, investigation and settlement negotiation of potential claims against the Company.
- Advise on and manage insurance coverage issues under insurance program.
- Proactively supervise insured claims management including active participation in strategic decisions on litigation matters.
- Work with and Partner with Legal Department and others to establish standards and processes for various classes of customer relationships (tenant, manager, operator, borrower, vendors) for the Company. This includes, but is not limited to advise on all contractual insurance provisions and arrangements including liability standards, requirements for insurance, indemnification verbiage, etc.
- Comprehensive insurance compliance program for all counterparties including contract review, evaluation and approval. Ensure insurance certificates are up-to-date.
- Develop appropriate risk management communications and provide consultation and technical advice to organization and Board of Directors, as appropriate.
Safety and Loss Prevention
- Partnering with appropriate colleagues to coordinate internal and external safety and loss control processes including loss prevention, employee safety and facility security.
- Preparing and distributing timely and accurate reports to senior management team on all insurance lines and related insured claims. This includes updates on insured risks and retained exposures.
- Preparing and distributing forecasts, allocations and actuarial data to finance and accounting teams on property, professional and general liability, and other risk coverages.
- Maintaining SOX processes for insurance risk mitigation program to ensure no material weaknesses or deficiencies.
- 10+ years of risk management experience
- Bachelors degree required in finance, risk management, business administration or related field; CRM, ARM, or CPCU designation strongly preferred
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Ventas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ventas, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0000467
Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR) an S&P 500 company, operates at the intersection of two powerful and dynamic industries healthcare and real estate. As one of the worlds foremost Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT), we use the power of capital to unlock the value of real estate by partnering with leading care providers, developers, research and medical institutions, innovators and healthcare organizations whose success is buoyed by the strong demographic trends of an aging population and increased life expectancy.
Led by our Chairman and CEO, Debra A. Cafaro, who is recognized as one of the best-performing CEOs in the world by Harvard Business Review, Ventas has followed a successful strategy that endures: owning a high quality diversified portfolio and partnering with industry leaders combined with a collaborative, dynamic and experienced team focused on producing consistent growing cash flows and superior returns on a strong balance sheet, ultimately rewarding Ventas stockholders with extraordinary outperformance. Thats not just excellence. Thats Excellence. Sustained.