Director, Transaction Advisory Services
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Transaction Advisory Services provides seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing. We are open to this position being fully remote and working from anywhere in the United States.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Within Transaction Advisory Services practice, Transaction Technology Services professionals offer technology due diligence, M&A analytics, data hosting and mining, dashboard reporting, and technical expertise to the firm.
- Work on buy /sell-side tax due diligence engagements
- A strong work initiative, high-energy level, and ability to adapt to new challenges and concepts, including a proactive approach and capacity to perform multiple workstreams and tasks
- A desire and ability to travel while working within the transaction advisory, financial accounting advisory and mergers and acquisition-oriented environment
- Experience of assisting clients with building business cases and identifying value using data-driven approaches and business intelligence;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including robust communication skills
- Utilizing statistical tools to interpret data sets in order to identify trends and patterns
- Strong financial, accounting, analytical and communication skills, facilitating clear and concise messaging to teammates, clients and other technology personnel
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Contribute to the report-writing process
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience (a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in M&A technology due diligence, deal structuring, and post acquisition planning)
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, MST or JD/LLM
- Deep knowledge of business intelligence (BI) and enterprise resource systems, including data collection, analysis and presentation:
- Programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Analytics Platforms (SAS, Azure, etc.)
- Statistical Packages (SPSS, Minitab, etc.)
- Data Visualization (D3js, Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.)
- Data Management (Hadoop, SQL, Alteryx, etc.)
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationships skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Word and Excel
- Ability to adapt to ever changing client demands
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
- Supervisory experience
Preferred Accounting Requirements:
- Analyzing cyclicality of target’s business and working capital trends
- Investigating contingent liabilities, off-balance sheet items and related party transactions
- Analyzing quality of earnings and non-recurring items
- Reviewing target company's accounting policies for proper application of GAAP
- Participating in discussions held with Management to determine data analytic needs, data requests and potential impacts on the buy-side/sell-side diligence process, as well as prospective on-going projects
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs Primary Location: Work Locations:
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Chicago (0407) 311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 4200 Chicago, 60606 Organization:
Full-time Job Posting:
Feb 2, 2021