Director - Credit Solutions Specialist
Job Description A Bureau van Dijk Solutions Specialist interprets and defines customer needs in order to align the client's objectives and business requirements with BvD products' capabilities and value. This responsibility is accomplished by conducting live product demonstrations via internet-based meetings, in-person meetings, and through providing collateral to support sales strategies. As a Solutions Specialist you will assume an active role in the sales cycle and create immense value through providing insights regarding common lending philosophies, policies, and procedures within the marketplace.
- Articulates and conducts in-depth product feature benefit discussions as they relate to Bureau van Dijk's Credit Assessment & Origination product offerings
- Participates in customer facing meetings to align strategies and determine business and technical requirements that will be used in providing solutions
- Gains customer acceptance of Bureau van Dijk's products by explaining and/or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements
- Works closely with the sales team on Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) responses
- Develops tools and training materials for presentation to the Sales team, keeping informed on the latest developments in core products and providing product training to Bureau van Dijk's sales staff
- Possess industry experience and/or subject matter expertise of multiple areas within Financial Institutions and Corporate Financial and Supply Risk industry.
- Possess industry experience and/or subject matter expertise of credit underwriting and monitoring processes including, but not limited to: financial statements, financial spreads, credit decisioning, risk rating/grading, collateral analysis, covenant tracking, global cash flow analysis, consolidations, portfolio analysis, stress testing, ALLL analysis, FSA and SBA guaranteed loans
- Possess a high technical affinity, with ability to understand and explain APIs and software integrations, software architecture, and software configuration to non-technical audiences
- Identify and document product enhancements, understanding how proposed changes to existing functionality would impact overall product
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting, Business Administration, or similar field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Commercial & Industrial lending
- Strategic, analytical, operations-focused, able to recognize market opportunities
- Understanding of technical concepts including computer technology and interfaces
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to conduct presentations and clearly articulate the goals
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to listen to requirements and business problems in order to respond with the appropriate business answer
- Patient and persistent with an ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working under time and customer pressures
- Ability to comprehend and apply abstract concepts
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively in a structured and rigorous team environment
- Public speaking experience or internal lead on training within an organization is a plus
- Experienced with complex sales cycles is a plus
- Experience with lending software is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.