- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 23 May 19
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Fitch Ratings Chicago Application Development group is responsible for developing both internal and customer facing products for our ratings business, supporting various strategic, regulatory and operational objectives.
We are seeking a Director who can provide hands-on technical leadership in the architecture, design and implementation of the next generation digital products for our ratings customers. The ideal candidate would provide solution architecture and development leadership with focus on modern software development practices and technologies, including cloud-native architectures, microservices, DevOps and agile methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering results, learning new technologies and ability to knock down impediments to deliver great products.
- Lead, mentor and guide the application development team in the development of current or future services/products or technologies.
- Review and streamline business processes, including gathering and documenting business/technical requirements, developing and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Develop project plans, and handle projects with aggressive time frames assuring that goals, budgets and deadlines are met and expectations are well managed.
- Use problem-solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems, and issues in a timely fashion to negate, or minimize customer impact.
- Work independently to figure out technical challenges, and identify options to come up with solutions focused on cloud native approach, automation, and innovation.
- Actively participates and provides strategic architectural guidance in the solution architecture strategy for Fitch Ratings Data Services.
- Mentor teams on software development best practices, programming frameworks and methodologies.
- Establishes and communicates strategies objectives and performance standards; conducts performance appraisals.
- Manages the administration of all company policies and procedures; communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance.
- Experience driving operational excellence and engineering best practices for microservices, large data processing, and distributed systems.
- Experience with object-oriented design and programming languages such as Java, Python, and Scala.
- Experience with polyglot persistence such as RDBMS/NoSQL data stores (Oracle, Postgress, Mongo).
- Experience with Event-driven, microservices, and Real-time streaming frameworks is highly desirable.
- Experience with Batch-processing architectures and technologies.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Flink, EMR).
- Experience with current DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging such as Bamboo, Maven, Chef, ELK, Sumo, NewRelic, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple analytics platforms, measurement solutions, data visualization tools, and experience using these tools to provide meaningful insight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- 12+ years of experience designing, developing and leading large-scale software development and digital transformation projects.
- 7+ years of experience with Java and associated open source technologies, such as Spring Boot.
- 5+ years of experience with web-services, including microservices, REST and JSON standards.
- 5+ years of design and development experience with database technologies.
- 5+ years of experience leading high-performance development teams using Agile methodologies.
- 4+ years of experience with Cloud native technologies, containerization and orchestration.
- 3+ years of experience with DevSecOps and delivery pipelines.
- Familiarity with AWS platform - EC2 instances, S3 storage, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudFormation and Networking (VPC, subnets, security groups) etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB.
- Familiarity with Search technologies, such as ElasticSearch.
- Exposure to BI and Data Visualization technologies.
- Exposure to AI and machine learning concepts and applications.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp