DevOps Engineer, Platform Engineering Team
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . DevOps Engineer, Platform Engineering Team
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. This is where futures are made. CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career by shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it - all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more. Description
Come join the CME's Platform Engineering team as a Systems Engineer, Platform Engineering. Our team is building a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) stack that allows engineering teams to develop, build and deploy their services to production in minutes. If you are passionate about developer productivity, cloud native applications, and container orchestration, this job is for you!
Discover what it's like to be part of a fast-paced team dealing with challenging problems where self-motivated engineers can do the best work of their life. The Senior Platform Engineer is a key contributor within the team that provides support across our hybrid-cloud environments.
The candidate should have strong knowledge of micro-service architectures, application deployment/configuration, Linux and/or Windows system configuration and tuning, and application support experience to drive improvements in environment stability & reliability. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and drive execution for our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) stacks in a 24x7 environment.
- Drive, and build the next generation of PaaS platform end to end and across multiple layers of architecture
- Acting as a technical subject matter expert: helping fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and engage in small teams solving problems
- 3+ years industry experience in a 24x7 application delivery environment.
- Experience with DevSecOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, Ansible, and CHEF in a cloud environment
- Strong experience with languages such as Ruby, Perl, Python, or Go
- Experience working independently, as well as in a team environment, proactively driving initiatives and tasks while meeting agreed delivery timelines
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably a BS in Computer Science, IS, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies around containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, etc.
- Experience building DevSecOps architectures including Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions & Platform Automation