Desktop Engineer - Team Lead
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Department Overview:
The Desktop Engineering team is responsible for providing Fitch Groups strategic road map for the desktop computing environment, researching and implementing new technologies, owning and maintaining the desktop environment and acting as Third line support. The team supports offices in America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Support and project work encompasses all sites as well as frequent interaction with IT staff in our offices globally.
The Desktop engineering team is currently split between the US and UK, occasional out of hours work may be required. This role will report to the Senior Director of Service Desk and Desktop Engineering. Responsibilities:
The environment is a mix of Windows and MacOS, with both physical and virtual hardware, the Desktop Engineering team is responsible for the following in all environments:
The Team leader Duties, not limited to:
- Ensure desktop environment standard apps are patched according to SLA
- Update secure standard golden images
- Package, update and deploy applications via the software deployment system
- Support and maintain the software deployment environment
- Support and maintain Fitch Group end point protection
- Test and evaluate hardware
- Modernize the deployment and management of our desktop environments
- Investigate and resolve tickets escalated by Service Desk and other IT teams globally
- Investigate and resolve the underlying cause of Incidents/Problem Management
- Produce documentation for: Desktop Engineering, Service Desk and End users
- Organize, action and implement projects in agreed time frame
- Undertake research and document findings and recommendations
- Develop own technical knowledge to improve ability to resolve requests.
Skills and Experience:
- The day to day people management of the Desktop Engineers
- Performance Management of the Desktop Engineers
- Ensure Patching meets agreed SLAs on all platforms
- Roll out ITIL and Agile principles in the team
- Incident Management: including monitoring of ticketing system, prioritize and assigning work, tracking tickets etc
- Design and implement Metrics to measure performance
- Escalation Management
- Manage small projects within the Team
- Work alongside Project Management Team to manager larger projects
- Represent the Desktop Engineering team in meetings across the business
- Partner with the Desktop Engineer Lead Architect to define the End point strategy
- Partner with the Service Desk to ensure they are aware of Changes and enhance their support capabilities
- Researching and recommending new technologies
- Manage and track 3rd party escalation
- Packaging, updating and deployment of software globally
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for user or technician processes.
- Contact and work with third party vendors as required for incident and request resolution.
- Perform user training when required.
- Positive can-do attitude with a mature and professional approach.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills.
- Experience of Managing and developing teams
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills. Must have the ability to listen carefully, express ideas clearly and converse comfortably with a stranger, particularly under pressurized situations either in person or on the telephone.
- Proven, excellent written communication skills - to write professional emails, communicate a range of information to staff across all levels of seniority, create documentation and write up research and analyze data.
- Strong eye for detail and a very good ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Enthusiasm for and genuine interest in IT and technical support. Must also have excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent team working skills, ability to communicate well with others and share ideas as well as knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Strong eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Must also be patient and empathetic to the issues and concerns of others.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to enable proactive management of calls.
- Methodical approach with lateral thinking ability.
- Ability to cope with demanding situations.
- Willingness to be involved all aspects of IT
2 years' experience of day to day Ticket management within a team, people management and Performance Management
Defining, implementing and reporting
Windows 10, Active Directory
Office 365, Office 2016 and 2019
Jamf, Mac Management
Anti-virus, Anti-malware, Firewalls
Crowdstrike, Thycotic, Zscaler experience
Software deployment, application packaging
Automated software deployment systems
Altiris, WSUS, Casper, SCCM
Virtual desktop environment
Microsoft Azure, cloud printing, Windows Virtual Desktop, AWS workspaces
Please note this is primarily a non technical roll, however, a good understanding of technology and its implications is essential and occasional hands on work may be required.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.