Data Warehouse Developer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Software Developer - Data Warehouse Job ID 2019-25483 Primary Location Illinois, Chicago Downtown Regular/Temp Regular Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time
The primary role of Sr. Software Developer focuses on TOS Data Warehouse database development and the ongoing administration of SQL Server databases (2012/2016) and/or Netezza. Ideal candidate should draw on leading industry standards for SQL Server/Netezza database design, and bring to bear the DW manager's vision of standardized, highly scalable, conformed Data Warehouse processes and Database structures to drive various BI initiatives within Agile framework. It is highly desirable for the candidate to be experienced in other database systems like Oracle and Netezza, and familiarity with other data integration tools like Informatica.
- Implement stringent ETL, Report and database change management process
- Establish well thought-out standards for various ETL processes, database objects, performance benchmarking, scalability, etc., which will be followed by rest of the development team
- Incorporate code management repository for all database scripts and production codes
- Pursue all production database related issues with a goal of establishing root causes, remediation and documentation
- Govern all databases in development, non-production and production environments to ensure all team members are adhering to various security policies and development practices
- Provide a roadmap for database and process migration activities, data archival strategies and monitor scheduled backup activities
- Implement high-availability and disaster recovery plans based on the directives provided by enterprise level infrastructure architects
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvement, process automation and risk mitigation
- Participate and contribute to cross-functional developmental activities which involves working on Netezza and Oracle
- Develop, test and support Informatica ETL processes.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years related experience
- 5-7 Years total experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Data Warehouse concepts and methodologies
- Expertise in developing data integration solutions using SQL Server BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Expertise in design, administration and support of SQL Server database systems (2008 R2 and 2012) and/or Netezza
- Expertise in writing and performance tuning complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Adept in understanding business requirements and translating ad hoc requests to SQL queries
- Experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- Experience working within Agile framework and related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems preferred
- Experience working with automation tools like TIDAL or related technologies
- Experience working with code versioning framework like Git or SVN.
- Financial services experience preferred
- Experience working with Informatica desired
- Experience working with Netezza and/or Oracle desired
- Experience in Java or other programing languages desired
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS