Data Governance Lead In , | Careers At Cibc
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Data Governance Lead Job Location US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 3 days ago(11/26/2019 9:59 AM) ID 2019-5357 # of Openings 1
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
This position is responsible for developing and managing the US Region data policies, standards, and processes. The position also leads the efforts to implement and monitor data policies across the US Region to ensure high quality and available data and provides daily oversight and strategy execution of the data governance and data quality framework.
- Formalize US-Specific Data Policies and Standards:
- Establish US Region data policies, standards, guidelines and procedures aligning to US Regulatory expectations and in-place global policies where possible.
- Define US frameworks for data quality, controls, issue management, metadata management, change management and reference and master data management.
- Develop and deliver US data governance program training and awareness materials.
- Support Implementation of US-Specific Data Policies and Standards:
- Collaborate with business partners to operationalize data policies, standards, guidelines and procedures, quality monitoring tools and controls; including:
- Data quality management;
- Metadata management;
- SLA management for the receipt and distribution of data;
- Change management processes for data;
- Data issue intake, escalation and resolution; and
- Governance of operational procedures.
- Maintain, periodically review and recommend changes/improvements to US Region data policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinating completion of required annual policy compliance attestations.
- Build and sustain day-to-day relationships and advise business partners on data governance operating model, as well as policy requirements and how they may translate to business processes/practices.
- Support Implementation of Data Governance/Data Management Toolkits:
- Assist to define the requirements for the US Region data governance and management toolkit.
- Ensure that standardized data governance tools (e.g. data requirement documents, data lineage workflows, metadata forms etc.) are used consistently across the US Region.
- Provide Ongoing Support US Data Operating Model:
- Design and implement strategies to monitor ongoing compliance with and effectiveness of US Region data policies, standards, guidelines and procedures (e.g. self-assessments).
- Support data governance initiatives and improvements (e.g. integration of new data sources, reconciliation efforts prescribed requirements of user/business acceptance testing etc.) and participate in working groupings to advise on recommendations to develop capabilities, priorities and processes.
- Support key established processes and existing frameworks and policies (e.g. PMO, CIRA, ORP, M&A Due Diligence etc.) on behalf of the US Data Management Office.
- Support implementation of the US Region Data Governance Forum, participate and escalate key issues as required to the appropriate Forum for remediation.
- Support all internal and external regulatory reviews, and manage deliverables resulting from review findings.
- Four year college degree required
- 10+ years of related work experience required.
- Experience in the field of Data Governance and Data Management practices is required.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with senior management levels to socialize and implement the policies and standards across the US Region.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS