Senior Data Science Architect
At West Monroe, our people are our business. We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values. Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in. Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Data Scientist to join and help build our emerging Advanced Analytics practice in the Chicago office. We’re looking for you to be a thought-leader building solutions for clients from the ground up on a daily basis. You will be engaging in developing and marketing analytics platforms-as-as-service solutions and collaborating with our client analytics SMEs and implementing predictive models in a variety of industries. Level Responsibilities: Practice Development
- Engage in developing and marketing analytics platforms-as-a-service solutions
- Collaborate with top leadership within the various practices to develop applicable client projects
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of WMP’s advanced analytics methodologies, best practices, and approaches to client delivery.
- Contribute to growth of knowledge in service line through training and KTS sessions
- Complete case studies for all engagements
- Develop talented individuals who are delivering client work
- Attract talent to continue to build the practice from top tier analytics firms and or schools
Business Development (Desired)
- Oversee advanced analytics work for quality assurance
- Be a thought-leader in providing solutions to clients on a daily basis
- Able to engage with client analytics SMEs to collaborate
- Lead engagements or the analytics portion of engagements by communicating and reporting project status to key client stakeholders, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Make decisions regarding aspects of project, including tools, approach and methodology
- Define detailed responsibilities, work tasks and targets for each team member according to the technical work plan
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Assess stakeholder interests and plan and execute strategies to address their needs while quickly responding to client requests for immediate issues and driving projects to completion.
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying and communicating potential opportunities to account manager
- Understand client business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
- MS or Bachelor with equivalent experience required in related Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, or similar quantitative degree preferred. PhD a plus
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience working in a quantitative analysis/data analytics, managing and/or coaching one or more analysts
- Experience working with relational databases, such as SQL
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
- Solid project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Present experience or proficiency with data related projects
- Proficient analytical, problem solving and quality delivery experience, preferable 3-5 projects and programs with Fortune 200.
- Ability to work well in a team of 2 – 5 consultants
- Ability to travel minimum 50%.
- Proven expertise with advanced analytics and data mining tools and programming languages such as SAS, IBM/SPSS, R, Python, and SQL
- Familiarity with BI/data visualization tools such as Tableau and Qlikview
- Hands-on experience with multivariate analytic techniques such as linear and logistic regression, decision tree, cluster and factor analysis, time-series forecasting methods, SVM models, and neural nets.
- NoSQL a plus: HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, Mongo, Neo4j, etc.
- Experience with ETL, data warehouse and reporting a plus
- Experience with MapReduce: Hadoop, Hive, PIG, Mahout, etc. is a plus
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.