Analyst, Data Analytics Chicago - 125 S Franklin/en-US/careers/job/Chicago---125-S-Franklin/Analyst--Data-Analytics_REQ-1542/apply
This role is part of an embedded analytics team within OCCs Compliance department and is responsible for the identification, development, and execution of Compliance related analytics/reporting and supporting the department in maintaining an effective compliance environment across the organization. This is a highly technical, hands-on position that will be primarily focused on developing an enterprise-wide monitoring program and leveraging data to build insightful reporting for OCCs management stakeholders, the Board of Directors, and regulators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Analytics & Reporting
- Complete hands-on development work supporting an enterprise-wide compliance monitoring program, which includes working closely with business units to identify areas of compliance risk, establishing access to relevant data sources, and developing automated solutions (e.g., dashboards, reports, predictive tools, etc.) to support the monitoring and mitigation of compliance risk
- Collaborate with Compliance team members to assess existing technologies and data sets and determine how they can best be used to drive analysis and inform decision-making for Compliance personnel and other stakeholders
- Assist with development of user interfaces for analyzing data, executing monitoring activities, and reporting insights
- Assist with the design and development of sustainable, automated reporting for a variety of audiences including Compliance personnel/management, executive leadership, the Board, and regulators
- Conduct analyses, formulate insights, and synthesize findings for presentation to management and other stakeholders
- Assist in training other Compliance team members on data analytics and related technology
- Interact and communicate in a highly effective, professional, and insightful manner with business colleagues within the company, regulators, and other third parties
- Exhibit and foster a strong collaboration across OCCs control functions (i.e., Compliance, Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, Model Validation)
- Assist in development of the annual compliance report and regularly occurring reports
- Experience working with and analyzing data sets
- Experience working with analytical and quantitative software packages and supporting technologies
- Experience collecting business requirements and developing automated solutions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work across teams and varying subject matter experts to develop requirements and analyze data
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments and respond to rapidly shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, collaborating with internal business clients at various levels of seniority
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge of securities and commodities rules and regulations preferred
- Understanding of applied statistics and hands-on experience applying these concepts preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with analytics/reporting technology and underlying databases
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including ability to clearly explain deliverables/results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to complete work iteratively in an agile environment
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with visualization and analytics reporting tools, such as Tableau, preferred
- Experience with ETL tools, such as Alteryx, preferred
- Experience with Python and/or R preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- 0-3 years of quantitative/analytics experience, or equivalent education, required
- 0-3 years of financial industry experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline required
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about , please click .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted TodayFull timeREQ-1542
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 20 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.