Cyber Exercise Program Manager
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Cyber Exercise Program Manager is a high visibility position responsible for the planning, design, and execution of strategic and operational cyber exercises (e.g., simulations, workshops, tabletops, functional exercises). The exercises test CME Group's incident response plan and the resiliency of CME Group's people, policies, and processes against realistic simulated cybersecurity events. Employees across functional areas (e.g., technology, business, legal, compliance) and from all levels, including senior management, participate in exercises. In addition, the person in this role will represent CME Group in sector-wide exercises hosted by external parties (e.g., Treasury, FS-ISAC).
The person in this role will coordinate internal subject matter experts to develop plausible attack scenarios informed by internally and externally researched risks and trends, turn those scenarios into well-documented plans, and lead the exercises by playing out the scenarios in real-time.
To be successful in this role, a candidate must be organized and able to create timelines, inject schedules, and handouts; meet target deadlines; build relationships across the organization; and coordinate persons from multiple areas in preparation of the exercises. The Manager in this role is expected to have working knowledge of enterprise technologies (e.g., networks, databases) and deep interest in cybersecurity topics and industry trends.
The person in this role will present to all levels of management before, during, and after exercises. The Manager must be a strong communicator and comfortable presenting to technical and non-technical stakeholders. Additionally, the person in this role must be comfortable interviewing a range of employees, workshopping ideas for new scenarios, and gaining stakeholder buy-in. During exercises, the Manager is responsible for directing the exercise and capturing key takeaways to later create recommendations for improvement.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Cyber Risk Management and is responsible for managing third-party consultants in support of the exercise function and developing an internal employee team. Management experience and experience managing consultants is a plus. Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate subject matter experts to develop cyber exercises and create business-level scenario storylines, technical-level attack chains, exercise inject timelines, delivery structures, and logistics plans
- Develop pre-exercise, exercise, and post-exercise materials - including presentations, scenario injects, and an after-action report
- Lead planned cyber exercises multiple times per year
- Manage relationships with third-party consultants to assist in the creation, documentation, and execution of the exercises
- Document risks and findings discovered during exercises and drive improvement
- Assist in the maintenance and testing of internal policies and procedures
- Potential travel up to 10%
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to large groups and senior executive leadership
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, and ability to run large meetings
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization in both technical and non-technical areas
Formal Education & Certifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience developing or supporting tabletop exercises and simulations, or relevant business continuity / disaster recovery / incident response experience
- 5+ years working in a cybersecurity or technology operations support role in an enterprise environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Relevant experience in financial or other highly-regulated industries
- Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for information security through course work, degrees, self-study, or certifications that have been completed
- BA/BS in Business, English, Information Technology (or related work experience)
- One or more of the following: Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) Certificate, Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP) certification, Certified Cyber Resilience Professional (CCRP), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- One or more of the following: Security+, SSCP, CISSP, GCPM, PMP, CISM, CISA (or related experience)