Credit Risk Analyst
The Credit Risk Analyst will be responsible for identifying, monitoring and assessing credit risk related to CME Clearing's counterparties and exposures. The candidate will also be responsible for assigning internal credit ratings; establishing and managing credit risk limits; creating and monitoring risk reports; and presenting to internal risk committees on a regular basis. The candidate will participate in onsite due diligence reviews of CME Clearing's counterparties.
- Manage and assess new counterparty relationships, which includes an in-depth quantitative and qualitative assessment and the assignment of internal credit ratings. Assessments include onsite or virtual meetings with the counterparties.
- Assess market conditions that affect counterparty credit risk changes and systemic risk to CME Group.
- Perform daily risk processes to monitor the risk to the clearinghouse which includes, credit alerts, counterparty news information and macro-economic data releases.
- Prepare and present a weekly credit report including assessments of economic data, market data, and counterparty data to Senior Management.
- Monitor and manage a portfolio of counterparties including periodic reporting of risk profiles, trends, industry developments and concentrations.
- 0 - 5 years of experience in a credit risk or accounting role involving the assessment of financial statements and ratios.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with the ability to perform ad-hoc credit assessments and articulate risk outcomes in a timely manner to Senior Management.
- Demonstrated track record of proficiency in MS Excel and use of the program to build risk tools.
- Proven team player with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or other business-related field. Master's degree or working towards Master's degree a plus.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.