Credit Analyst Commercial - Corporate Asset Finance - Portfolio Management - National Lending (Chicago, IL)
Chicago, IL, USA
The Credit Analyst (CAF) position is expected to monitor the performance of borrowers, identify deviations from agreed upon performance, and take the appropriate remedial steps. The Credit Analyst should strive to understand the client’s operating performance and needs, and work to build strong working relationships with clients, and other constituents. The Credit Analyst will work closely with a Loan Officer to assess client credit risk.
- Conduct financial analysis of credit and collateral of borrowers, with emphasis on data accumulation and trend analysis
- Perform financial, operational, valuation, underwriting, and transactional analysis
- Complete borrower risk assessments
- Interact with various management staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of commercial credit analysis experience or public accounting strongly preferred
- Ability to analyze financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow statements)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and resourcefulness necessary to complete in-depth industry and market analyses.
- Superior interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
- Above average knowledge of MS Word and Excel mandatory
- There will be some on-the-job training; however, the candidate should be a “self-starter”