Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Corporate Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary Job Location US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 3 days ago(2/7/2020 10:37 AM) ID 2020-5453 # of Openings 1
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
- Lead the U.S. corporate governance function and provide legal and regulatory counsel on the development, implementation and maintenance of corporate policies and procedures. Keep abreast of proposed and existing U.S. legislation and regulations and corporate governance trends applicable to foreign and U.S. financial institutions.
- Serve as a key partner to, and collaborate with, multiple functions across the organization, including Finance, Corporate Controller, Tax, Treasury, Risk Management and Human Resources/Compensation, on a wide array of general corporate matters.
- Provide U.S. legal support on cross-border and intercompany financings and other transactional work, which may include strategic corporate transactions, including M&A activity.
- Support the U.S. Corporate Secretary function, including providing guidance on Board and Committee governance, drafting and assisting with the preparation of Board and Committee meeting materials and minutes, managing the U.S. legal entity governance and maintenance function, and drafting corporate organizational and governance documents and providing legal support to CIBC’s Global Corporate Secretary function on U.S. governance-related matters.
- JD degree from a top-tier accredited law school with the license to practice law and top academic credentials
- Three (3) to six (6) years of relevant experience with a reputable law firm and/or in house legal function. Meaningful experience representing financial institutions is desired.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with corporate transactions, particularly M&A, and corporate governance matters.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with strong business and legal acumen, and the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options about complex legal issues.
- Ability to be a versatile member of the U.S. Legal team that takes on responsibility for new areas as situations arise.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS